Exactly what do I need to run a 4s on a 3s setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvdbrthn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vendetta
Hello. I am new to RC but already down the rabbit hole with 3 Arrmas. This question specialized relates to the Granite 3s Mega 550...Exactly what do I need to run a 4s on a 3s setup? 100A Firma Esc and 1900kv SPMMXSM2200. ESC says 2s 3s compatible. 91t Spur, 20t pinion...I have yet to even turn this setup on yet, but I have a new 4s 1500mah 100c battery and I and asking if I'm going to fry something if I try to run it on this setup. Thank you in advance for your help.

20230730_105936.jpg

You're going to break things Really quick on 4S.

2S is more than enough for a stock Mega powertrain..
3S is Crazy fast already.

You should get yourself a Kraton/Outcast 4S v2 if you intend to use 4S Lipos.

Plus, you're likely to produce instant Smoke from your ESC when you hookup that Lipo!

Last edited:
Most ESCs have overvoltage protection. So likely nothing would happen at all if you plugged it in, it just wouldn't start. You'd need a 4s capable ESC. The 1900kv motor should be fine on 4s.

Coming from personal experience: that 1500mah 4s will likely be taxed too hard. I run decent 3700mah 4s lipos in some of my 1/10 scale trucks and the lipos gets pretty warm already.

Welcome. These people know stuff. Good luck. I know less than you do. believe me. But I try and see discussions that I can learn from. (y). No such thing as a dumb question. Not on this site. 💪

but I have a new 4s 1500mah 100c battery
Also, if your battery is really only 1500mah then you’d be lucky to get two minutes of run time out of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back