EXB Kraton or 8s Outcast or 8s Kraton or Xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARRMA

You don't buy 5 years old plastic cars today 2020
Soon 2021

Losi
Toy grade looks. Expensive parts. No hop-ups/ custom parts
Boring rear axle

The only left is
Arrma

EXB KRATON OR MOJAVE?
Kraton8s or Outcast8s ??

Losi is same like traxxas-
They do plastic scale things.
Not Tough Bashers.

Soft guys go_ Losi or Traxxas
The hard ones go ARRMA Only

Why is the Losi DBXL-E 2.0 not an option?
That thing handles like a 1/8 buggy and comes standard with a big block.

It originally was. Its so awesome looking and the videos ive seen of it looked great.
Even though its only a couple hundo more than an outcast, that 1100 sticker shock put me off since 900 is already a poop ton to spend on a toy. haha.

It originally was. Its so awesome looking and the videos ive seen of it looked great.
Even though its only a couple hundo more than an outcast, that 1100 sticker shock put me off since 900 is already a poop ton to spend on a toy. haha.
When I see the losi’s in person I want them all. Atm I only have the Lazernut and it is gorgeous. $1100 is a lot of coin. Last year at this time when the 2.0 came out the 1.0 were on sale for $699. I few guys on here bought them but sadly I was not one of them. I had all my rc money wrapped up in the new k8s...

When I see the losi’s in person I want them all. Atm I only have the Lazernut and it is gorgeous. $1100 is a lot of coin. Last year at this time when the 2.0 came out the 1.0 were on sale for $699. I few guys on here bought them but sadly I was not one of them. I had all my rc money wrapped up in the new k8s...

I remember when they were 700 for the 1.0.
I almost got one, hah. but I was just getting back into bashing and wanted to ease into it with the 3s and 4s.

There is actually one of the 1.0 ones at a pawn shop here with 2 4s 5000mah 50 c lipos for $850. hahah. thats more than what they were on sale for and its used. lol.
I offered them 550 and they said no thank you.

Last edited:
I have that one as well ( 1.0 ) , that again is an awesome rc !!! But unless you got the 1.0 when on sale , the 2.0 to me is just quite a bit of $$$$ . Of the 4 big rigs I have , Xmaxx 8s , K8S , DBXL-E 1.0 , and the new SBR 2.0 I'd have to say the K8S is the all around winner but only by a margin because of its handling / plush landings / control in the air . The other 3 are rather equal , with the DBXL-E being the better handler / jumping of them .
I would never have purchased the Losi at full or near full price , just to much $$$$ . I was fortunate to be at my LHS on last years black friday , and pick it up for $ 599 .

Haha so very true, but you only live twice right?
I’ve had my share of rc’s the past 10 years and learned to buy the one i like most. Even if it’s the most expensive one, eventually i will buy it anyway!

That’s why i have a 1500 dollar X-Maxx, because i like it, not because anybody else told me it’s the best in her or his opinion ?

Agree . Have to clarify that my Xmaxx is box stock 100 % . The truck to me is perfect like this but it seems the majority of people in the rc hobby just cannot leave a rc alone no matter how good it is out of the box . I mean take for example , my K8S , O.K , I thought was rather slow out of the box so I did the 23t pinion and gotta say WOW did it come alive !! Maybe next do the 20 mil center diff fluid , but as far as the electronics go , it's not a racer , meant for bashing so really how much better does someone have to have it to make them go out and drop even more $$$$ into it ? I'd rather go buy another rc with that $$$ and have some more variety in my collection to have diff vehicles to drive . Just sayin ' . It can get out of control real fast for what you / we are dumping into these rcs .
Like I mentioned before, I don't have much of an angle when I launch my Outcast 8s off my ramps. So I need the extra torque for faster rotation in the air and better control. That's the main reason I went with the bigger electronics. I pretty much land this thing 99% on its wheels. Even when taking off just a few feet from my ramps. Same thing with the upgraded Xmaxx. ?
ARRMA

You don't buy 5 years old plastic cars today 2020
Soon 2021

Losi
Toy grade looks. Expensive parts. No hop-ups/ custom parts
Boring rear axle

The only left is
Arrma

EXB KRATON OR MOJAVE?
Kraton8s or Outcast8s ??

Losi is same like traxxas-
They do plastic scale things.
Not Tough Bashers.

Soft guys go_ Losi or Traxxas
The hard ones go ARRMA Only
So I'm soft and hard at the same time? Because I have both the Xmaxx and Outcast ?. TBH I don't think you can just write off an Xmaxx like that. Like I mentioned before, the stock Xmaxx can take concrete landings (many of them) better than the stock Outcast,like at a big skate park. But the stock Outcast can do longer distance jumps into grass/dirt better ?.

Last edited:
After like 5 runs with the big block Xmaxx and Outcast 8s I can say for sure that the Outcast 8s can take the extra power much better. I've broken several arms, diff ring gears and diff pinions and one driveshaft on the Xmaxx. The Outcast has only suffered bent driveshafts from landing 15ft+ into concrete and slightly bent chassis. I think the sweet spot for the Xmaxx is a hobbywing Max 6 and 20/50t gearing with the stock motor. It broke way less before when it was running that set up, but it's more boring. So yeah that's been my experience so far when adding 1/5 electronics to these big rigs.

Can't come to an ArrmaForum and expect the xmaxx to win😂 I have them all, the xmaxx is the truth! Next in line is my kraton 6s exb, if your into building tekno mt410 tops them all!

Can't come to an ArrmaForum and expect the xmaxx to win😂 I have them all, the xmaxx is the truth! Next in line is my kraton 6s exb, if your into building tekno mt410 tops them all!
I'll say this for sure after a few months with the Outcast 8s and my X-Maxx trucks (both stock and upgraded ones with big block engines) : I've bent my chassis on my O8S (just ordered an M2C), cracked my hinge pin retainers (ordered some M2C ones), I'm constantly bending shock shafts and breaking shock rod ends (waiting on those direct fit Rovan shocks with 10mm thick shock shafts). Overall my X-Maxx trucks are more durable and have been cheaper to maintain than the Outcast 8s. Hopefully it will break less with those components mentioned, but it's taken lots of $. With that said, I have a K8S EXB now too 🤣😂

I'll say this for sure after a few months with the Outcast 8s and my X-Maxx trucks (both stock and upgraded ones with big block engines) : I've bent my chassis on my O8S (just ordered an M2C), cracked my hinge pin retainers (ordered some M2C ones), I'm constantly bending shock shafts and breaking shock rod ends (waiting on those direct fit Rovan shocks with 10mm thick shock shafts). Overall my X-Maxx trucks are more durable and have been cheaper to maintain than the Outcast 8s. Hopefully it will break less with those components mentioned, but it's taken lots of $. With that said, I have a K8S EXB now too 🤣😂
I held off on the O8s but I did jump out the window for the k8s exb lol. People like what they like and that's cool but I feel like everyone should have an Xmaxx 🤷🏾‍♂️

Never had a large scale before but I'm a MT guy and have been wanting the Xmaxx for awhile.I can only afford one of the three, no way would 2 or 3 happen. I seen plenty hours of the X on the Tube, know its durable with just a couple mods.

The 2 Arrmas are heavy and chassis that can bend, a arms break, shocks. Can't do the M2C thing, too much $$. Love my Arrma's but like the way the X looks, drives, parts are cheaper, and can get a new one for $850 OTD. Gonna happen.

Never had a large scale before but I'm a MT guy and have been wanting the Xmaxx for awhile.I can only afford one of the three, no way would 2 or 3 happen. I seen plenty hours of the X on the Tube, know its durable with just a couple mods.

The 2 Arrmas are heavy and chassis that can bend, a arms break, shocks. Can't do the M2C thing, too much $$. Love my Arrma's but like the way the X looks, drives, parts are cheaper, and can get a new one for $850 OTD. Gonna happen.
I have said this multiple times through out this forum in different threads about big scale , I have 4 big scale trucks now :
Losi DBXL-E , Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 , K8S , and Xmaxx . My two favorite are def the K8S and Xmaxx . That said , the one to worry about the least coming home broken is gonna be the Xmaxx . When the Xmaxx electronics take a poop , go to Jennys and buy the K8S ESC / motor and a WFO mount and wham you have the best of both worlds !!! I love my Xmaxx with the Arrma power in it now !!!!!

IMG_4665.JPG

I held off on the O8s but I did jump out the window for the k8s exb lol. People like what they like and that's cool but I feel like everyone should have an Xmaxx 🤷🏾‍♂️
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my O8S but it takes a lot of $ to make it more durable. For the amount of weight that it carries, it usually drives away from me abusing it, which includes landing it on concrete after a 20ft high jump. Even the Xmaxx breaks after a few of those concrete landings .Hehe.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my O8S but it takes a lot of $ to make it more durable. For the amount of weight that it carries, it usually drives away from me abusing it, which includes landing it on concrete after a 20ft high jump. Even the Xmaxx breaks after a few of those concrete landings .Hehe.
Yup , I watch his vids !!!! LOL No holding back on his trucks !!!!

Yup , I watch his vids !!!! LOL No holding back on his trucks !!!!
Did you check out the slow motion jumps with my EXB K8S? I was trying to treat it a little nicer because I got too excited on the first run (before the one on the video), and broke the front lower control arm on a botched landing 🤣. I did destroy the pin on one of my CVDS with the crash I had against my ramps though 😁.

Did you check out the slow motion jumps with my EXB K8S? I was trying to treat it a little nicer because I got too excited on the first run (before the one on the video), and broke the front lower control arm on a botched landing 🤣. I did destroy the pin on one of my CVDS with the crash I had against my ramps though 😁.
Yes , you can see your ramps " flex / wiggle " when in slo-mo !!! LOL Backflips look great !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back