Big Rock FAILed first jump off stairs SMH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Well my son had his first Big Rock “break-in” session this evening; he attempted to jump off a set of four stairs and ran full speed into the railing. I instantly thought something had to shatter. But once I looked it over it seemed that the driveshaft came out of its sleeve.

I then disassembled the tire and front suspension, inserted it back into the sleeve and put it all back together. However, and as you can see from the pictures/video, it now seems the tire/suspension area that collided with the rail is now bent and off center. Can anyone please assist in my first bash fail with a repair suggestion? Also, how tight should I be tightening the suspension linkage screws? On one screw, it simply keeps turning. I’m not seeing anything cracked but it seems that right front tire is leaning a to much. We greatly appreciate any input.

9500B733-9CC9-426D-BAD0-3596AEDC30CC.jpeg

1B63DB75-F563-4A47-8261-36F2DF94AB14.jpeg

BBB44875-5630-43C4-8A66-8A5D8F4C6A7E.jpeg

Wow! Many thanks to all you Arrma Forum members! I can tell you are all some RC veterans because without even seeing what broke, you already knew! Amazing!!!

As you can see from the images, it seems the c-hub snapped as you all suggested. Is that the only part that you can see that needs to be replaced (for now)? Taking it from your suggestions, it’d be best to replace with HR or GPM. Wish my LHS sold aftermarket upgrades. I live about 30 minutes from two different Hobby Towns and they only supply direct vendor parts, no upgrades 😞I’m realizing very quickly that my 6 year old boy only wants to drive it; broken or not. My wife keeps drilling me that his Walmart Grave Digger truck lasted longer than this. Straight dagger to the heart! ❤️💘

0F27C98E-29B8-4D7A-BBBF-6B1961868A31.jpeg
764F3857-A8CB-436D-A2B3-872623930547.jpeg
799EB6C2-11C5-42FA-875E-719F9027D2B3.jpeg

Wow! Many thanks to all you Arrma Forum members! I can tell you are all some RC veterans because without even seeing what broke, you already knew! Amazing!!!

As you can see from the images, it seems the c-hub snapped as you all suggested. Is that the only part that you can see that needs to be replaced (for now)? Taking it from your suggestions, it’d be best to replace with HR or GPM. Wish my LHS sold aftermarket upgrades. I live about 30 minutes from two different Hobby Towns and they only supply direct vendor parts, no upgrades 😞I’m realizing very quickly that my 6 year old boy only wants to drive it; broken or not. My wife keeps drilling me that his Walmart Grave Digger truck lasted longer than this. Straight dagger to the heart! ❤️💘

View attachment 160520View attachment 160521View attachment 160522
Like I said, steering blocks! (n)

Like I said, steering blocks! (n)
So… it’s not the c hub? As you can see in below pic, the bottom part (down facing arrow) is also slightly cracked in the corner, along with the larger chunk that broke off the “other part” (apologies; I’m not sure what each piece is actually called).
4B622524-A5FC-47B1-92C2-7EA2EC7BB5F7.jpeg

So do I still only need a c hub?

So… it’s not the c hub? As you can see in below pic, the bottom part (down facing arrow) is also slightly cracked in the corner, along with the larger chunk that broke off the “other part” (apologies; I’m not sure what each piece is actually called).
View attachment 160533

So do I still only need a c hub?
Yep. Get the ones off jennysrc.com. I have broke one on a Granite, one on a Typhon. For $13 for the full set, I just use stock. Takes less than 10 mins to replace.

I’d just buy the stock ones for now. Can’t beat $20 shipped. If they break often, then I’d look at aftermarket ones. I had the habit of breaking the front hubs a few times, so I but the bullet.

Would it be more economical to replace with an aftermarket (HR, GPM) piece? Also, the drive shaft, bearings, and hex seem ok. Is it best to replace the entire assembly???
I went overboard on my Granite and BR, could of bought a 6s rig and then some for the money I invested. I like to upgrade! :ROFLMAO: I think the HR parts would be a good investment and replace bearings as needed. (rubber sealed)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back