Senton First bent shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clan-of-Nowina

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
So my son had a couple of friends over this past Sunday. Of course they have to try the new RC car. No problem, anticipated that earlier and charged the battery to be ready. Ran fine. Well almost fine. Noticed it was riding low on the right side. Called them over with the truck and found the right side suspension stuck in a lowered position. Just pulled it down and seemed as problem solved. They had their fun, sun was going down so called it quits for the day. Later noticed that it was again dipped on the right. Well time for an inspection. Should I clean it? Lube it? Well let’s see. Actuated the suspension up and down, sure enough, it stuck. Now what? And then I noticed it. The strut rod is bent! O know it didn’t happen last night. And then I remembered. My son was running it down the kids slide out back. No problem. Went forward and down the slide. Battery died not long after. But we weren’t done just yet. But in the “big” battery in, 11.1V 5000mah. Yup, faster. So off to the slide again. Think my son placed the remote on 100% because when it launched, it launched! Right over the slide, 5 feet of air an about 10 feet later it landed. I guess this is when it happened. Not sad though. Both of us were smiling. Is ordered up new pieces. With spares. This is gonna be fun!

Rob

I swear it launched off that slide and had about 6 feet of air. We were impressed. Everything else likes fine. Guess I’ll find out when I replace it.

Well, this is it. No other damage except this. Rather amazing that nothing else is broken. But when taking it apart, noticed the front wheels are sloppy. Time to buy some locktite.

IMG_0023.jpeg

Back