Vorteks Wheel fell off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwr_03

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. My kids just got their first arrma truck. Not even one battery worth of use and a front wheel fell off. I don’t know anything about them. I tried taking a bolt out of the (don’t know what it is called) arm behind the axle. Nothing came apart, so I just put the bolt back. How do I get to the screw that holds the wheel on? Can someone explain (pictures are good) how to repair this? I don’t know too many mechanical terms, so simple is good. Thanks for any help.

Can you help me out with a part number? Which parts by # are you having trouble with?

Screenshot_20240102_205815_Samsung Notes.jpg

Welcome! There’s an M3 screw inside the black plastic cylindrical driveshaft on the wheel end. That might be your problem. You access it by inserting a long 2mm hex driver into the driveshaft. Make sure to use some thread lock.

Can you help me out with a part number? Which parts by # are you having trouble with?

View attachment 340581
I had taken out AR721320 bolt. Nothing came apart. I know there is a screw inside the driveshaft (AR310780) but I don’t see it on this parts schematic.
Welcome! There’s an M3 screw inside the black plastic cylindrical driveshaft on the wheel end. That might be your problem. You access it by inserting a long 2mm hex driver into the driveshaft. Make sure to use some thread lock.
Yes , that is the problem. I can’t figure out how to take it apart to get to it.

I’ve got it figured out. When I took the bolt out of the linkage the first time nothing came apart. I didn’t want to break anything so I left it alone. After hearing what others said and watching the videos no one mentioned anything specific about that. So I pushed until they popped out. Then the the other details on the actual repair were helpful. I just need to find a longer allen wrench to finish the job.
Thanks to everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back