Fan Mounts...new Design coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Bond franchise will be chiming in for a cut soon, that design is obviously the rifled gun barrel in all of the Bond movie intros! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Didn't even see it till you brought it up! Now need to get the use authorization for the bond theme on the commercials...Now have have the theme stuck in my head
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Got mine last night and wanted to polish it so this is the work in progress its still needs some work but once its done it will look good on the wifes outcast

20220308_184814.jpg

Didn't even see it till you brought it up! Now need to get the use authorization for the bond theme on the commercials...Now have have the theme stuck in my head
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Got mine last night and wanted to polish it so this is the work in progress its still needs some work but once its done it will look good on the wifes outcast

View attachment 205151
What did u use to get so shinny?

What did u use to get so shinny?
To start I used 220 grit sandpaper, Heavy cut Black Polish, 400 Grit sand paper, Less Cut White Polish. It helps I have a 6' buffer although its a harbor freight so you can't touch it while it's on or you';; give yourself a little zap :ROFLMAO: Just Remember on metal you sand in one direction only. Only stopped where I did because I need to get more buffing wheels, I shredded the cheap ones I had pretty good.

Compound
https://www.amazon.com/PURUI-Polishing-Buffing-Compound-6PC-Kit/dp/B0826233NP/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=polishing+wheel+compound&qid=1646828636&sprefix=polishing+wheel+com,aps,104&sr=8-12&th=1

Polishing wheel
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-...Me5htJuxxNS6vctH7aefutpgsUD0FxhRoCzEcQAvD_BwE

Nice design. A couple of thoughts - I know you said you were going to account for 8mm shafts in your designs so that’s good - and necessary for some motors that have shafts turned down to 5mm. Since your already putting lots of holes, maybe add one more near the edge to allow putting a ziptie on to strain relief the fan wires?

@Infidel67 …..so,……can we still get these or are you shut down?

cheers,
kev
Kev I will be updating the thread with more details when it's ready, I got to test all this out first, looking nice don't mean it's practical and sturdy, for the other fan bracket after all the rumble I probably won't.
Nice design. A couple of thoughts - I know you said you were going to account for 8mm shafts in your designs so that’s good - and necessary for some motors that have shafts turned down to 5mm. Since your already putting lots of holes, maybe add one more near the edge to allow putting a ziptie on to strain relief the fan wires?
:unsure: let me think about it and where :)

So that design above looks real good but it's a pain in the Arse to fish debris out if it catches it, so back to the drawing board, I got a few more...
also I'm out of SS material more coming this week.

I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready :ROFLMAO:. I had to order a powerhobby mount the other day and believe me a small part of me died doing it!! I believe in you infidel!

I can't wait for these bad boys to be ready :ROFLMAO:. I had to order a powerhobby mount the other day and believe me a small part of me died doing it!! I believe in you infidel!
Dang Bro.... No Pressure at all 🤣 I'll do my best Bud, I promise

New Design is up, Material will be here on Saturday
Will cut some this weekend :)
Adjustment for bigger Motors will be made accordingly, for right now this is for the 5mm shaft Motors. 8mm will be added, also for the longer motors like TPI. Single Fan and Dual.
If you have anything to add let me know in here, attached is the print, edit it with paint to give me a visual what you like to see changed, a small hole for Zip ties etc.
I will not LOL etch a Custom Name in there, that be Nuts :LOL:

New Design.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back