Kraton Fans for bashing over 60 mph?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hey all, for those of you who bash at high speeds, around 60mph or so, do you have to use fans to keep your motor cool? On my tekno MT410, it appears that no matter the combo I try, as long as I'm geared for around 60mph and if I bash hard, I always get heat. Are fans always necessary at these speeds, or is there some really efficient setup that I may have passed over?

Thank you!

Hey all, for those of you who bash at high speeds, around 60mph or so, do you have to use fans to keep your motor cool? On my tekno MT410, it appears that no matter the combo I try, as long as I'm geared for around 60mph and if I bash hard, I always get heat. Are fans always necessary at these speeds, or is there some really efficient setup that I may have passed over?

Thank you!
That’s it the motor just produces a lot of heat at 60 mph you could but more fans but honestly it’s just better to let it cool down for an healthier lipo and motor.

yes, from my pov fans are mandatory on every single one of my 35+ rigs. Literally the only one that doesn't have a fan is the little rlaarlo thing i bought. I just order like 15 of the alu 40mm fans at a time from aliexpress.

What do you consider heat? What temps are you seeing? And when you say combo are you talking about gearing or motor and Esc? Fans are always a good idea for cars that are driven hard but there should be a motor and gearing setup that will run cool at those speeds and use.

Thank you!
Fans never hurt 😁👍

Thank you!

Fans are good. Type of fan you buy is important, so get a quality fan! I cannot say for speeds runs I bash all my rigs. They have large motors good ESC and 18, 20, 21T pinion and I push them hard. Sometimes, only getting 9-11 minutes never letting off—a lot of heat and power.

Bashing like that I hit low voltage cut off before time....until I got quality fans. I'm so into fans that I added displays so I can see ESC/Motor temps on all my rigs.

1705111927977.png

1705112044087.png

Fans are good. Type of fan you buy is important, so get a quality fan! I cannot say for speeds runs I bash all my rigs. They have large motors good ESC and 18, 20, 21T pinion and I push them hard. Sometimes, only getting 9-11 minutes never letting off—a lot of heat and power.

Bashing like that I hit low voltage cut off before time....until I got quality fans. I'm so into fans that I added displays so I can see ESC/Motor temps on all my rigs.

View attachment 342207
View attachment 342208
That’s slick man.
Can you link where you get that set up?
I live in hot climate and have to constantly remove body to check temp with laser thermometer. This would be so convenient.

That’s slick man.
I live in hot climate and have to constantly remove body to check temp with laser thermometer. This would be so convenient.
Thank you.

It's not a plug-and-play setup. I got the idea from YT'er JTee and did my own. It's cutting and soldering wires and making JST connections to the Amazon thermostats. Sourcing power from ESC. Last, devise a way to get a prob with the ESC and the motor. I have a process. Bashing never comes off. Tex has some ideas for me with the motors.

Here are the two displays for the motor and ESC. I use this the HW ESC, and it will not read temp to Spektrum

Here is the single display. I only read the motor. When I use this one, I have a Spektrum ESC that reads them, which displays on my DX5C transmitter.

That’s slick man.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRR4HGM

This is what I use and you don't have to do any soldering or anything special, nice and idiot proof. :ROFLMAO: they're powered by those lil round watch batteries and it even comes with some. All you gotta do is stick the probe to the motor with a zip tie or something and you're good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRR4HGM

This is what I use and you don't have to do any soldering or anything special, nice and idiot proof. :ROFLMAO: they're powered by those lil round watch batteries and it even comes with some. All you gotta do is stick the probe to the motor with a zip tie or something and you're good to go.
Hell

That is alright there! (y)

Proper Fan solution is always a given. Any RC .
If your Tekno MT410 is geared that tall, don't expect miracles. You are quite over geared for this model anyway. Having a 410 myself.
You never stated how HOT, hot really is.. Are you Thermal cutting the ESC at all and constantly?
What was hot? The ESC, motor or both. What exact electrics you running? How is your Motor Timing and Punch setting? Not enough info.
Got a Temp gun? The old spit test or merely touching the motor is wrong.
So I am a bit confused with this thread.:unsure:

Yeah if your Spit sizzles on the motor, it's at boiling temps.
A thing from the Nitro crowd years past.
Nitro motors run great when tuned at 212F. (y)
Not so much BLX motors.:confused:(n)

:LOL:

Yeah if your Spit sizzles on the motor, it's at boiling temps.
I wish I would have known trick that years ago. I’ve been pi$$ing on my motors for years but that practice got me banned for life at two local parks and the school soccer field. Karens…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back