Infraction Faster more powerful motor for infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSDmodify

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hello
I have an interaction and want to ask your experience on what motor , besides the stock, can fit relatively easy into the truck. I would like to upgrade to do speed runs. I have a Max 6 ESC on my other car and I understand that I can put this on my truck for better efficiently. I would like to just get the infraction to go faster and was about to get a yeah racing twin fan but if I upgrade I want to buy the fan for the upgraded motor since I won't be using the old motor. What are your thoughts?

How much faster do you want? Do you have a baseline speed to improve upon.
How about using the Max 6 with the stock BLX motor? That combo works for many also. Its a start.
Have you geared up at all to increase speeds over the stock pinion. There are many pinion choices to accommodate this.
Is the speed gear (27T) too slow? Ready for higher than that? Fans are secondary to this equation. Hopefully you have a temp gun close at hand. (y)

How much faster do you want? Do you have a baseline speed to improve upon.
How about using the Max 6 with the stock BLX motor? That combo works for many also. Its a start.
Have you geared up at all to increase speeds over the stock pinion. There are many pinion choices to accommodate this.
Is the speed gear (27T) too slow? Ready for higher than that? Fans are secondary to this equation. Hopefully you have a temp gun close at hand. (y)

The 27 t pinon and stock spur gear doesn't feel that fast to me, seems like 70-75 mph. But I don't have a GPS. I have let it full throttle at a steady medium speed for like 3-4 secs so I think I'm reaching the maximum of the setup . The motor is getting really hot like my finger touched it for .5 secs and it was buring me already. I stopped going longer because of this . Will the max 5 esc alone increase my speed? I also have heard of getting a spool gear for the limitless on the infraction. I think increasing gearing is the way to go for me at the moment but don't know what to start with. What pitch spur gears are there that will be relatively easy to put on

A Spooled Center will be better for directional stability for dedicated speed running. You really need a Speed meter to guage yourself. There's no other way to do it. How is your FAN setup. Heatsink or no heatsink at the motor? Fan Only?
Are you using the stock radio? You said "medium speed". Confused on that one. You say it "doesn't feel that fast"
Has your ESC ever reached Thermal cut off???? How hot is the ESC?? If only the motor is hot , there may be motor bearing issues also. You need a temp gun. They are cheap. 160F temps are normal max. for motors. A properly working one. Higher and the motor has peaked temp limits for sure. Mod 1 pinions are the flavor to look for. If changing out motors, make sure the pinons you get will fit the new motors armature shaft, i.e, going from 5mm to 8mm pinion bores.

A Spooled Center will be better for directional stability for dedicated speed running. You really need a Speed meter to guage yourself. There's no other way to do it. How is your FAN setup. Heatsink or no heatsink at the motor? Fan Only?
Are you using the stock radio? You said "medium speed". Confused on that one. You say it "doesn't feel that fast"
Has your ESC ever reached Thermal cut off???? How hot is the ESC?? If only the motor is hot , there may be motor bearing issues also. You need a temp gun. They are cheap. 160F temps are normal max. for motors. A properly working one. Higher and the motor has peaked temp limits for sure. Mod 1 pinions are the flavor to look for. If changing out motors, make sure the pinons you get will fit the new motors armature shaft, i.e, going from 5mm to 8mm pinion bores.

I'm using everything stock right now . ESC hasn't shut off on me but the motor was really hot when I was doing some runs. Medium speed is like half throttle then I punched it fully. I haven't got any cooling for my motor yet. Just got the car last week .
Can I change my spur to a 39t.
The link is below. Will this work on the stock infraction with the 27t optional pinion hear?

https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-MOD1-Spool-Gear-ARA310951/dp/B07SSC2PD1

All stock. Got it. Have you changed any of the ESC parametets. Like punch and brakes settings? What is your AVC Priority set to on the Tx? A fan or two on the motor is almost a perquisite first upgrade to buy on these rigs out the gate swinging. (y) They all run hot. Normal for these Arrma electrics out the box.i have Limitless with the same Infr. Motor and Esc.

Last edited:
All stock. Got it. Have you changed any of the ESC parametets. Like punch and brakes settings? What is your AVC Priority set to on the Tx? A fan or two on the motor is almost a perquisite first upgrade to buy on these rigs out the gate swinging. (y) They all run hot. Normal for these Arrma electrics out the box.i have Limitless with the same Infr. Motor and Esc.
Is that linitless 39t withsame 2050 kv infraction motor/esc and what spur gear? 34t? More info would help me. Also what are your speeds?

I'm using everything stock right now . ESC hasn't shut off on me but the motor was really hot when I was doing some runs. Medium speed is like half throttle then I punched it fully. I haven't got any cooling for my motor yet. Just got the car last week .
Can I change my spur to a 39t.
The link is below. Will this work on the stock infraction with the 27t optional pinion hear?

https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-MOD1-Spool-Gear-ARA310951/dp/B07SSC2PD1
If you are all stock, you have a center differential, not a spool gear. Like the Lim. has. The above gear shown is for a spool shaft. Just wont work at all. I believe 46T spur is as small as you can fit on a diff. If yo go with a center spool (locked/no differential) you can go as low as 29T or as large as 39t for the spur. Stock spool spur is 34T. FWIW. Using my stock Lim 34T spur, The 27T pinion is as as small a pinion that will fit with a 34t spur gear. Motor mount is bottomed out with the 27T. 27T pinion is the stock Lim. pinion. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Is that linitless 39t withsame 2050 kv infraction motor/esc and what spur gear? 34t? More info would help me. Also what are your speeds?
Iv reached 95mph with a 30T pinion & 39T spur with the BLX 185 ESC and 2050KV motor. I’m trying to crack the 100 with the stock electronics but am beginning to think that’s all it’s got with the infraction.
Same set up on a smaller car I reckon you’ll get more mph.

If your running hot at 27t, you probably shouldn’t go any hire without upgrading the motor/esc

Iv reached 95mph with a 30T pinion & 39T spur with the BLX 185 ESC and 2050KV motor. I’m trying to crack the 100 with the stock electronics but am beginning to think that’s all it’s got with the infraction.
Same set up on a smaller car I reckon you’ll get more mph.
The stock electronics can scratch 100, but rarely hit it. However, swapping in an MMX8S with the stock motor will get you to about 120. The ESC is a larger factor.

The stock electronics can scratch 100, but rarely hit it. However, swapping in an MMX8S with the stock motor will get you to about 120. The ESC is a larger factor.
True...... I do enjoy the challenge of getting to the 100 with the BLX 185 ESC as it hasn’t been achieved too many times.
I recently threw a Futaba 3PV on the car for a run to get a longer run up......... Not a bad TX but the STX2 had a greater range.

Last edited:
How about swapping a spektrum Firma160 amp. Do you think that it will smoke an XO 30/39 8s ESC

True...... I do enjoy the challenge of getting to the 100 with the BLX 185 ESC as it hasn’t been achieved too many times.
I recently through a Futaba 3PV on the car for a run to get a longer run up......... Not a bad TX but the STX2 had a greater range.
Get a small 2S lipo for the 3PV and the range will be better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back