Fastest Losi Promoto? 91 mph - Castle Powered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed was still slow, looked at logs and only 79% throttle output but I know I hit full throttle. I know I calibrated the throttle awhile ago but then I put a new receiver on, guess I never calibrated it again? Huh
At least you know the reason why its going slower now. That should help bump the speed up once that is resolved.

At least you know the reason why its going slower now. That should help bump the speed up once that is resolved.
Yeah man fingers crossed that's what it was because I was very confused on these speeds. However the highest gearing I ran did 88 mph after I changed to the MMX8s so 88mph on 79% throttle I suppose is a very good sign. I should have tested last night with the motor away from the spur to make sure I am actually getting 100% but I didn't think to do that so a real world test will have to do!

Kev is coming for you.....
Yeah well now I figured out my issue!! @LibertyMKiii it wasn't the damn calibration. I was in street mode this whole time and I have been hearing what sounds like pulsing and never understood what it was until now. It was the bike limiting my throttle to avoid wheelies but it normal only does it when you actually get the front tire up a little so I guess the bike is leaning back hard enough to register a little wheelie and kicking my power down. So I put it in wheelie mode which let's the front wheel get much higher before cutting throttle and hit the ticket!! 92 mph run just now on batteries that were already drained a little from 2 passes and some cruising around waiting for street to be clear 😁😁😁😁😁

Just checked batteries and they are 3.77 per cell and it did 92 😁😁😁

Yeah well now I figured out my issue!! @LibertyMKiii it wasn't the damn calibration. I was in street mode this whole time and I have been hearing what sounds like pulsing and never understood what it was until now. It was the bike limiting my throttle to avoid wheelies but it normal only does it when you actually get the front tire up a little so I guess the bike is leaning back hard enough to register a little wheelie and kicking my power down. So I put it in wheelie mode which let's the front wheel get much higher before cutting throttle and hit the ticket!! 92 mph run just now on batteries that were already drained a little from 2 passes and some cruising around waiting for street to be clear 😁😁😁😁😁

Just checked batteries and they are 3.77 per cell and it did 92 😁😁😁

They should call it Granny Mode instead ,so people will know to deactivate it Pronto!!

They should call it Granny Mode instead ,so people will know to deactivate it Pronto!!
lolol It is pretty funny when you are running 3s or more in the street mode it hits a wheelie and goes up and kicks it down but then immediately goes back up and gets kicked down again a bunch of times before you get going fast enough for it to stay down
Awesome! Should go tripple digits soon!
I believe so!! Looking forward to it finally

lolol It is pretty funny when you are running 3s or more in the street mode it hits a wheelie and goes up and kicks it down but then immediately goes back up and gets kicked down again a bunch of times before you get going fast enough for it to stay down

I believe so!! Looking forward to it finally

Unleash the Power...

Fail Will Ferrell GIF by Paramount Pictures

You can Do It!!

More Powoooer!!!

Revenge Of The Sith Power GIF by Star Wars
Maybe if I had my ultimate extreme precision aerodynamic enhancing cover that I made so skillfully I would have gotten that 2 mph!!

So I'm sitting here thinking how that street mode cut is happening and I guess it's compressing the rear suspension all the way down which is causing the receiver to tilt back and trick it into thinking it's in a wheelie, which is pretty crazy. So I had already bought tighter springs so it's time to put one of those on and maybe some more preload. I also don't totally understand it yet but I guess there is some sort of steering mechanism behind that front number plate that has oil in it which I believe is 500k. But I'm going to it to 1 million to maybe avoid some steering sway when trying to push through 100 mph air. I also think the stiffer rear spring could help the steering since right now it's squatting so much in the back. But stiffer rear also means easier wheelies so we'll see what happens. Going to run the same gearing on the next run to try and get that 100 but I'm also going to get another few gears ordered. I'm currently running 21 pinion which is only 1 higher than stock but I have the larger front sprocket and smaller rear

Oh and the Losi chain is holding strong 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

So I'm sitting here thinking how that street mode cut is happening and I guess it's compressing the rear suspension all the way down which is causing the receiver to tilt back and trick it into thinking it's in a wheelie, which is pretty crazy. So I had already bought tighter springs so it's time to put one of those on and maybe some more preload. I also don't totally understand it yet but I guess there is some sort of steering mechanism behind that front number plate that has oil in it which I believe is 500k. But I'm going to it to 1 million to maybe avoid some steering sway when trying to push through 100 mph air. I also think the stiffer rear spring could help the steering since right now it's squatting so much in the back. But stiffer rear also means easier wheelies so we'll see what happens. Going to run the same gearing on the next run to try and get that 100 but I'm also going to get another few gears ordered. I'm currently running 21 pinion which is only 1 higher than stock but I have the larger front sprocket and smaller rear

Maybe it's time to do a drag wheelie bar...

I have had as much fun as i can with 2s. I just ordered a castle system, a sidewinder 4 ( i already have one in my crawler so i know the size will fit and have beat the crap outta it) and a 1406 4600kv. Im not going for all out speed runs, I plan on racing it this summer so i didnt wanna go too high. I got the cc waterproof bec too, but i might use it in my crawler and get the regular castle 10 amp for the bike since I cant get the bike wet with the flywheel.

I have had as much fun as i can with 2s. I just ordered a castle system, a sidewinder 4 ( i already have one in my crawler so i know the size will fit and have beat the crap outta it) and a 1406 4600kv. Im not going for all out speed runs, I plan on racing it this summer so i didnt wanna go too high. I got the cc waterproof bec too, but i might use it in my crawler and get the regular castle 10 amp for the bike since I cant get the bike wet with the flywheel.
Yeah man that 2s just doesn't do much in stock format but that new system 2s will be much more fun!! You are running super moto tires right?

I am sure this is not too different from RC cars where you don't want the rear to squat or the front begins to lift. Good luck with your testing!

still deciding which ones to get. i like how you said the proline handle better but those treal carbon fiber blue wheels look sick. if i do go proline ill get a 34t rear sprocket. im already draging the sprocket with the dirt wheels now that i got em down to slicks. somebody said vitavon is coming out with a 37 but i dunno why you would wanna go that big

Back