Fastest Losi Promoto? 91 mph - Castle Powered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are struggling to fit batts or if they are affecting the driving, micro crawler batts in series may be a viable option. don't know if c rates or things of that sort would kill performance, but I belive this could be worth trying.
Turning is certainly a little more top heavy but thankfully in a speed run its only 2 turns and the larger tires make it so much easier than the smaller supermotos. Other than that she runs straight as an arrow still. I have never looked into micro batts but I will give them a look!

I only saw a couple of those in my time but never actually running. I suppose theres a reason for that.

People on the facebook group have been taking a 4 wheeler body and mounting the promoto rider and then mounting that on big rocks and what not.
Sorta like this:

Arrma SWB chassis with Senton towers

v%iOuF8iSE6w1glbCDk+0w_thumb_1d9.jpg

c%VlQsK8Q6OyHt+%dClBjg_thumb_1d8.jpg

Also at the hobby shop today they gave me some aluminum wheel hubs that someone else decided they didn't want. The package says they are 7075 but we all agreed they certainly don't seem to be. Some chinesium stuff. Anyways I plan on deanodizing them and we'll see how they fit!

Threw on a 17 tooth pinion and went out for a run today on 3s just to rip around and I had a blast. The vitavon tires, as I saw other people say, don't have the same grip that the prolines do so I was able to do some drifting and man it looks cool doing it. But I took almost all the tread off the rear tire which is the unfortunate part. But I do think the proline tires are better tires they are just a little smaller than preferred. I got them back on the bike now to see how they feel with the same gearing and see if I can get a wheelie or not. The vitavon tires would just spin and not pickup the front, I miss wheelie mode lol. I also felt better about the speed runs with the prolines so I'm going to keep pushing with those I think

thats crazy it wouldnt do a wheelie on pavement with the vitavons! i was going to order a set over the proline but forget that. i would have been so pissed if my bike couldnt pull a wheelie. thanks for saving me 50 bucks
Well it might have a little to do with my extended arm because that forces the bike to put more power to the ground instead of lift the front. Plus my big esc on the front of the bike. But either way I like the supermotos better, of course the turning on the vitavons was a big plus but once you get the feel for supermotos they really aren't that bad. Plus you don't have to fuss about glueing

Threw a 21 tooth pinion on and put the vitavon 34t sprocket on which I had to make my chain smaller again for but hey I'm thrilled to be learning new things and tinkering. I was having troubles keeping the bike straight with the vitavon tires it seemed. It wanted to lean for some reason, maybe not balanced. Not sure. But tomorrow I'll be out for another 4s run and see what happens. Pretty wild how much of a difference in chain length just one tooth on the sprocket makes

Last edited:
Weird I guess I have hit a limit on the motor because I am only able to get mid 80's now with the higher gearing even with the MMX8s. I guess the kV is just too high. Kinda tempted to try the stock motor which is 3200kv I think on 4s lol. If it grenades, it grenades

Weird I guess I have hit a limit on the motor because I am only able to get mid 80's now with the higher gearing even with the MMX8s. I guess the kV is just too high. Kinda tempted to try the stock motor which is 3200kv I think on 4s lol. If it grenades, it grenades

Do you have the parts to pull the data logs? I'd be happy to help diagnose the issues for you. My number 1 suspicion is the lipo does not have the balls for the amps requested of it. Sometimes you can gear down and go faster by reducing the amp draw.
I have been 114 mph on 2s with a 12 lbs 1/7 car so I am certain there is more speed in this bike on 4s.

Do you have the parts to pull the data logs? I'd be happy to help diagnose the issues for you. My number 1 suspicion is the lipo does not have the balls for the amps requested of it. Sometimes you can gear down and go faster by reducing the amp draw.
I have been 114 mph on 2s with a 12 lbs 1/7 car so I am certain there is more speed in this bike on 4s.
I do! And something that just dawned on me is I might not have LVC turned off on this esc 🤦‍♂️

Data log is also probably full sadly. But I do agree with you the lipo is probably a significant weak point

Took LVC off, turned up the brake, cleared data logs, and removed reverse. I was testing my front brake the other day and totally forgot that I hadn't turned reverse off so I floored it in reverse in my lap and the tire very quickly burned through my pants and rubbed some skin off my leg :ROFLMAO:. Another test today to see what happens

Back