Felony Felony G machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
I have been slowly building up my Felony to be a high G machine that eventually will be able to take tight turns at full throttle. For now, I'm working at 50% on the controller. This setup has a much more significant steering capabilities with slight oversteer at speed.

Current parts
Modifications
  • Removed stock rear wing
  • Moved rear shocks to more vertical position
  • Lowered rear shocks all the way down, lowered front to be even with rear.
Next plans
  • Continue to induce oversteer so that I can stiffen the front suspension and run same compounds in the front and rear
  • Thicker center and rear diff fluid (hopefully send more power to the front)
  • Adding an aluminum front crash bar (adds weight to the front and looks cool)
  • Increase rear shock fluid thickness

Last edited:
I look forward to your progress. I would be careful tuning spring rates too much now if you are going to add downforce. Downforce will be the real key to moving forward and it will change your spring rate and damping needs.

Silver tires show on the chart as less grip...will the silver on the rear hookup and grip when you make that tight turn at full throttle...

Silver tires show on the chart as less grip...will the silver on the rear hookup and grip when you make that tight turn at full throttle...
They have less grip than the front gold tires which is the point. The stock Felony understeers horribly. This is great for drifting as you use throttle to oversteer. Though for turning, its really horrible. All the modifications so far are to move grip from the rear to the front. It seems counterintuitive but if you think of how a car handles in a turn, more grip up front causes more oversteering which the Felony needs desperately.

At one point it will be too much oversteer. That's when you can dial back some modifications to gain other efficiencies. For example, being able to stiffen the front suspension will reduce dive making the car more stable during entry of a turn when you are slowing down.

Today I lowered the car all the way down. Though since the rear shocks are more upright, rear was higher. Raised the front up some to level it out. Handling was improved, seemed to actually oversteer more. Was able to make full speed turns at 50%.

I'll be switching to silver fronts, white rears next. After two seasons, the fronts are bald. They look like slicks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back