Felony Project Felony C8 Corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyphonTLR

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
I picked up a Felony on a swap and am not sure where to go with it yet. I already picked up a new GP5 rear input and gear so I can run the same-sized tires on the front and the back as well as the ProLine C8 Body. The previous owner stated that the car was left in a covered truck bed and moisture caused all the surface rust, so just doing a run-through with everything so we'll see. Are there any upgrades to consider out of the box? Local hobby shop guy suggested 1mil in all the Dif's for speed runs which makes sense but what about just a fun street basher, not purpose-built speed run machine.
20230202_161458.jpg
s?

I would get it put together,take it out and run it as is and see what you need for upgrades to Match you driving style. If your happy with it as is,leave it.
This was the mess that I created. The kids jumbled it up helping me carry it from one spot to another lol "Helping". Any suggestion on Dif weights, so it will actually turn? I would imagine with 1mil front to back it won't be as responsive to turning or am I thinking about this wrong?

Tbh when I got my felony the first thing I bought was chassis protectors.Then i ran as is until I upgragraded to 8s,lowered shocks,got the pps motor mount for tall gears and run it like that. I’m not looking to break speed records just what I’m comfortable with. I have never changed out any oils,all mine are stock.

The diff oils you put in should be weights that work for the driving style you intend to do with this car. Speed runs, stiffer fluids. General bashing, stock is fine. Racing, refer to tuning guides for direction. But a 200front 500center and 100-200 rear sounds like a good place to start to me.

You should try the talion axle hub and kraton hexes for the rear. Stock with the c8 proline body theres a huge gap between the wheel and body. I think it also decreased tire wear by a lot. Now i get 15-18 packs for a set of rears vs 12-14 for a set of fronts. The car is also more stable because the felony just likes to spin out easily

You should try the talion axle hub and kraton hexes for the rear. Stock with the c8 proline body theres a huge gap between the wheel and body. I think it also decreased tire wear by a lot. Now i get 15-18 packs for a set of rears vs 12-14 for a set of fronts. The car is also more stable because the felony just likes to spin out easily
It does like to spin out wtf lol… I always see the infraction take off straight and it wants to go straight.. I wonder what the thing is about the Felony.. I’ve set it up really good one time and it solved a lot of things.., but when I put new hoons again, I had to go through all the setup again and make adjustments. These grippers “feel” like they are going to do better than the hewns plus the limitless chassis layout being NOT the Felony, but I already had to replace the rear hexes with plus +4mm ones in order to satisfy the skyline body with the rear quarter pannels. It also meant I did not have to use the thick washers that come with the gripper wheels bcs their hex cutouts are deeper than the stock hex so the back of the rim makes contact with the plastic hub carriers and steering blocks… should I use the washers on the fronts? Should I resurface the rims to remove 1mm? Should I use plus +2mm hex on the front lol? Will having an extra 8mm width at the rear tires of the limitless help with performance? Like… Why does the Felony like to be all krispy Kream but adding more width than it already has makes it go straight again? No matter how good my setup is, I always need hot tires to do straight bcs if their cold, the car won’t even act like it should.

It does like to spin out wtf lol… I always see the infraction take off straight and it wants to go straight.. I wonder what the thing is about the Felony.. I’ve set it up really good one time and it solved a lot of things.., but when I put new hoons again, I had to go through all the setup again and make adjustments. These grippers “feel” like they are going to do better than the hewns plus the limitless chassis layout being NOT the Felony, but I already had to replace the rear hexes with plus +4mm ones in order to satisfy the skyline body with the rear quarter pannels. It also meant I did not have to use the thick washers that come with the gripper wheels bcs their hex cutouts are deeper than the stock hex so the back of the rim makes contact with the plastic hub carriers and steering blocks… should I use the washers on the fronts? Should I resurface the rims to remove 1mm? Should I use plus +2mm hex on the front lol? Will having an extra 8mm width at the rear tires of the limitless help with performance? Like… Why does the Felony like to be all krispy Kream but adding more width than it already has makes it go straight again? No matter how good my setup is, I always need hot tires to do straight bcs if their cold, the car won’t even act like it should.
My felony is an arrow

Well the ESC died after a few packs so i'll probably turn town timing on the new esc from Jennys. Ended up getting a new protek 35mm to replace the new stock fan and picked up the dkky fan for the motor. Running 200k up front 1m in the center and 100k in the back. Waiting for the new ESC to come in.
20230219_084806.jpg

I bet the new esc dies too. Nice felony though!

New spektrum 6200 receiver is installed along with a dx5c transmitter. With the fan upgrades tthisthing is ice cold and runs perfect.
Forgot to mention the asshole I traded a kraton for stripped all the tx/rx decent electronics and I didn't catch it at the time. So here I am.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back