Typhon Felony rear tires on typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put them on all 4 corners because rear wheels are taller you would have to change the rear diff
Ok cool i just ordered some and a
I love these wheels. Now I will add that driving these in the cold isn't recommended. I cracked a bunch of hubs from just normal driving in an open lot this winter. They don't need any modifications either, mine just happens to already have the Kranton hubs. They fit no problem on my buddies bone stock V5 Typhon.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...square-setup-pics-included.33379/#post-459621
Does your buddy have a video of
Two different sets of diffs for bashing and speeding - interesting idea.
So you have 80/500/60k for speed.
And 60/500/30 on dirt.

Standard is F:7k, C:10k, R:7kcSt
The 10k in the middle explains the "two wheel drive behaviour" with hoons on 6s with so much power on the rear.

So when I ran the 6s Kraton with 300K in the middle it would backflip right away on pavement and land on the body.
Does the Typhon 6s go straight into a wheely with 500k in the middle or just spin out?

Just wondering what middle differential oil would be a good mix for bashing and an occasional run on hoons...

And 60/500/30 on dirt.

The 10k in the middle explains the "two wheel drive behaviour" with hoons on 6s with so much power on the rear.

So when I ran the 6s Kraton with 300K in the middle it would backflip right away on pavement and land on the body.
Does the Typhon 6s go straight into a wheely with 500k in the middle or just spin out?

Just wondering what middle differential oil would be a good mix for bashing and an occasional run on hoons...
500k that's my go to fluid for center for dirt/speed runs. 60&80k for speed runs ONLY to much wheel spin on dirt/sand motor temp rises. My typhon hasn't popped a wheelie in 2yrs after i changed fluids. Hard accelerations on hoons definitely get wheel spin but it grips hard i run 6s

Does your buddy have a video of
I have a static picture of them mounted and a WoT pass of him driving by us. I don't really know what you are going to get from it. He didn't change any of the gearing just ran it stock. Probably maxed out around 65mph ish.

You can see the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cbScbYQrsSFTA9hvmaydmEOe8Qjobayl/view?usp=sharing
File_000.jpeg

Its hard to say, it was so cold out that traction was a constant issue. I've yet to have them out on a warm day were they could actually get some temps into them for grip.
Hahha I don't want grip, wanted to buy a typhon 6s to bash and go offroad, but also wanted to swap tires out for some tire shredding drifting , "kill all tires "🤣

Hahha I don't want grip, wanted to buy a typhon 6s to bash and go offroad, but also wanted to swap tires out for some tire shredding drifting , "kill all tires "🤣
I get that but drifting still requires grip to have fun. Either way I think the Typhon chassis is perfect jack of all trades so you won't go wrong with it. Slapping street tires to a typhon won't make it an infraction either, that chassis has actual real aerodynamics that help it stick to the ground and a stability control system that actually works. I've yet to enable my stability control system with my Typhon in street mode so that might be the trick to getting it to drift like an infraction, who knows?

I get that but drifting still requires grip to have fun. Either way I think the Typhon chassis is perfect jack of all trades so you won't go wrong with it. Slapping street tires to a typhon won't make it an infraction either, that chassis has actual real aerodynamics that help it stick to the ground and a stability control system that actually works. I've yet to enable my stability control system with my Typhon in street mode so that might be the trick to getting it to drift like an infraction, who knows?
Dose the 6s v5 have stability control? And excellent points I know it wont be a infraction but if I can be versatile with one car that's huge to me.

Dose the 6s v5 have stability control? And excellent points I know it wont be a infraction but if I can be versatile with one car that's huge to me.
No it doesn't.
Sorry your Typhon doesn't have Stability control. Not sure where you heard it does.

Changed the differential oils to 30K / 300K / 30K. Definitely a lot more a straight line on 6s. A thicker oil in the rear would make sense. With speed pinion at half power and then accelerating to full power - the rear tends to drift out. But a lot better than stock oils. That was on pavement. As you said 80K makes sense.

Sorry your Typhon doesn't have Stability control. Not sure where you heard it does.
But my radio + receiver combo I use does (DumboRC X6). I got it a while back to upgrade the garbage system that came with my typhon 3s last year.

I have aV1 Infraction and the Typhon 6SV5. I was going to put the Infraction tires on the Typhon for speed runs on the street since the streets here still have lots of residual rock salt on them which assisted in destroying my first set of front tires on the Typhon. However, I noticed that there a difference in size w the Infraction tires being smaller in overall diameter. So I bought 4 of the Felony rear tires as well they are almost as tall as the stock DBoots Katars on the Typhon and fit nicely and give it a mean stance for the street. I think I will probably lose about 5 mph on the top end but this way I won’t destroy the katars after 3 batteries

Last edited:
Typhon looks good with hoons. But drifting is not happening. Think the chassis to short anyway. Rear keeps breaking out when attempting to drift. Got 30K/200K/30K diff oil. With the stock oil same thing. Drifting not happening. No where near to what the Infraction does. And too little weight may be another problem. And the shocks are a lot softer than the Infraction's shocks. After all the Infraction drifts with 10K/100k/10k. The Typhon with hoons does not even slide like with the stock tires. Rear just spins around.

After doing more research I see that even though these RC's have similarities they are set up very differently and you can mix and match but arrma is really good at setting them up in there spacfic classes, guess I just got to but them all hahahah

And 60/500/30 on dirt.

500k works great for me, Having already made diffs comes in clutch well worth it
And 60/500/30 on dirt.

my eb48 i run 100/500/80 with xo1 tires on 6s 2200 mmx 20t speed run ONLY

Last edited:
I’d make sure you check the rear clamber and make it as close to flat as you can under operating weight. These tires can burn up quickly on the inside of not set properly. Two packs on a recent open lot session nearly ate up a fresh pair I just bought.
Ok didn't run it today but definitely will lower the ride height.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back