Granite Finally arrived- Granite v3. Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rakowski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all!

I've been doing a massive research since a few months, mostly here and on FB groups as I couldn't really decide what to buy. I've decided to get granite 3s due to:

-Revision 3 seems to have most of the problems eliminated.
-it looks like it's near impossible to find such a durable RC in this price range.
-modular design let me do with it whatever I want.
-its fast enough for me on 2s and most batteries I've got are 2s as I'm using them in my crawlers and onroads.

So here is little checklist of what I've done so far:

-body posts shortened to lower the body shell by good few cm, it looks miles better now. Body has been slashed in certain places such as front and rear to go around bumper mounts, also wheel arches been trimmed to avoid contact with tires.

- I did put locktite on both sides of all drive shafts to make sure the wheels won't fall off, wheel nuts got some threadlocker too.

- used some pantyhose to protect inside from dirt getting in.

- did set up EPA, calibrated esc.
- awaiting wing mount to come over so rear of the body will be protected.

-slipper clutch tension adjusted, about 2 full turns from fully tight. Just for now. Still doing wheelies on 2s when set this way.

- gear mesh set properly and locktite added on motor screws.

I'm not planning to send it to the moon, just to do some easy casual jumps on local bmx pump track etc. I'm always crazy about maintenance and taking good care of stuff in my possession so things can last longer than in any other hands.

Is there anything else I should check, upgrade or just follow the rule and upgrade as it breaks?

Since I'm only going to use it on 2s, I think I shouldn't be worried too much about drive shafts popping out or diff gears stripping am I right?

Anyway, during the pre run maintenance I've noticed that it's been a pleasure to work on it comparing this to wrenching on my crawlers. Everything is well thought over and nicely designed. Didn't run it properly yet but I'm already well happy with decision I made choosing granite.

Big Thanks to many users on here, too many to list or remember. Also thanks to @razorrc as he seems to be very honest and unbiased when making his yt reviews. Some very helpful posts can be found here on arrmaforum too.

20210213_212206.jpg

20210214_200629.jpg

20210214_174239.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, it sounds like you have quite an exhaustive checklist there. Nicely done!

Only thing I would add is to make sure the shocks are properly filled with suspension fluid. Mine were low out of the box.

Last edited:
Enjoy! I think the punch is set to 3 out of the box, you could increase it to max (5).

Thanks a lot for your advice guys!

I went a little bit further and took the diffs out. Happy with this decision as there was almost dry on the outside and maybe 1/4 oil inside of diffs. Topped them up with 10K oil, and added lithium complex grease on the outside. One gasket replaced too as the original had little split already.

Shocks were nearly empty so there is fresh oil in all of them, and the last bit was adding washers to the motor mount screws to make sure there is more pressure surface on the motor plate.

As I said before, I would rather threat it gently so hopefully it'll last.

So far, Im well happy with it.

20210219_201759.jpg

20210219_204318.jpg

20210219_204341.jpg

20210219_213747.jpg

Gee, the story of the diffs and shocks lacking oil worries me. I'll check mine next week. I wanted to look at them after 3 months of use anyway.

I took my shocks apart yesterday and they were alittle over half full. I filled them up to where the thread starts and screwed them together again. They self bled out quite a bit while doing so. On one I forgot to put on the spacer ring and took it apart again, pulled the piston out. It was alittle over half full again. The part that is screwed in the shock body reaches down quite a ways so I guess excess oil always bleeds out that far.
My diffs looked very good. The lube was stripped to the side of the casing but the outside gears looked great. Both diffs turn with some resistance (the same resistance) so I didn't open them yet and put it all back together again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back