Finally got a video of my custom 4s Bandit! Dirt run and parking lot bash...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Finally got a couple videos of my 4s Bandit this week! Lots of fun with this thing. Its geared very conseratively at the moment, only 140 after a full pack of 4s with no fan, lol. Still spending some time getting use to it, probably have run about 20 packs through it since I built it a few months ago. Weather is improving so I'll be getting it out a lot more soon! Sooner or later I gotta gear it up and do a speedrun! I have the transmission/motor reversed for better weight balance and 6 ounces of add on weights up front, had no issues keeping the front wheels down!

The dirt bash is an empty lot next to a community college, got a brand new collection of donut ruts someone left for me to deal with! :ROFLMAO: Also need to drop my diff fluid from 30k to 20k now that the weather is getting warmer and clear more often and the dirt is dry. Its powdery like when dry, traction is better when its damp.

Parking lot was a lot of fun, still a little nervous with the curbs and light poles(😬🤣), but wow this thing is such a little rocket even geared low. Will probably swap the plastic 83t spur with a Hot Racing hardened steel 75t spur in the next month or so.

Thrown some Hoons on there for the street bashing! You'll have a blast!! Great vids! (y) 😁✌️

Definitely need some, the LP Trenchers wont last long! :ROFLMAO:
20230505_155437.jpg

Finally got a couple videos of my 4s Bandit this week! Lots of fun with this thing. Its geared very conseratively at the moment, only 140 after a full pack of 4s with no fan, lol. Still spending some time getting use to it, probably have run about 20 packs through it since I built it a few months ago. Weather is improving so I'll be getting it out a lot more soon! Sooner or later I gotta gear it up and do a speedrun! I have the transmission/motor reversed for better weight balance and 6 ounces of add on weights up front, had no issues keeping the front wheels down!

The dirt bash is an empty lot next to a community college, got a brand new collection of donut ruts someone left for me to deal with! :ROFLMAO: Also need to drop my diff fluid from 30k to 20k now that the weather is getting warmer and clear more often and the dirt is dry. Its powdery like when dry, traction is better when its damp.

Parking lot was a lot of fun, still a little nervous with the curbs and light poles(😬🤣), but wow this thing is such a little rocket even geared low. Will probably swap the plastic 83t spur with a Hot Racing hardened steel 75t spur in the next month or so.

That thing rips! Very cool! Love that rear wheel drive :cool:

Which esc/motor combo and gearing are you using? I have 2 Drag Slashes I converted to 4s.

Nevermind, I remember your build thread. I have the Max10 G2 2400Kv combo in on of my drag slashes. The other has the 2400Kv VXL-4s system.

*I also have a Rustler, a Rustler/Slash-LCG conversion, an Ultimate 4wd, and another Drag Slash, but they are all still on stock electronics.
Thrown some Hoons on there for the street bashing! You'll have a blast!! Great vids! (y) 😁✌️
If you go to 17mm try XO1 wheels on the rear, or maybe all 4 corners. I like them for the rears on my 2wd 4s street rigs better than Hoons or Grippers. I think they are the same soft/belted compound as the Drag Slash rears but they are just low profile. The stock Drag Slash rears balloon like mad on 4s.

Last edited:
Which esc/motor combo and gearing are you using? I have 2 Drag Slashes I converted to 4s.

If you go to 17mm try XO1 wheels on the rear, or maybe all 4 cocorners.
I'll have to try the xo1 wheels, thanks for the tip.👍

I did swap the motor 2 weeks ago to a 3670/2200kv and have 28/83 gearing. Was thinking next I'll go to a 76t spur. That should be plenty fast for bashing, lol. If i decide to try any speed runs i will grab a 33 & 35t pinion.

I don't usually have too many nice things to say about Traxxas, but man that thing is awesome! Looks pretty friggin stable too. Good job 👍
Thanks! Being able to reverse the motor/transmission with the Fast Lane chassis made a HUGE difference in the overall balance. Still needed 6 ounces of weights on the front end to keep it down on 4s, lol. Rig is still light overall, 6lbs 2oz with the Trencher LPs.😎

FYI, the XO1 wheels are a bit taller (109mm) and heavier (~160gm) than Hoons or GRP. If you want to stick with the lighter 100mm wheels I prefer GRP > Hoons.

Wow that thing is planted! That poor slipper clutch sounds like it needs to be tightened up a bit. Do you have any pics of the transmission conversion?

Slipper is only backed off 1/4 turn, cant get much tighter, lol.
Fast Lane chassis has the holes drilled and a hole for the end of the motor plate to fit in for reversing the transmission and aluminum mounts for the shock tower to mount to.
20230506_051407.jpg
20230506_051424.jpg
20230506_051436.jpg

Had a pair of Proline Avengers and tossed them on the back with th LP Trenchers up front, wow, way more control sliding the back around! Ordered more to complete the set, no way i don't end up with 4-5 more sets of street tires now.

Just when i thought my tire buying habit was under control...🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back