Outcast Finally The Fully Arrma'd Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
After finally making a wing mount that can survive ME:ROFLMAO: I can go on & do some other things to this poor v1 truck. This is actually my 2nd Outcast. The first was the donor for my Zennon project. Along with the wing mount, I added more braces, skid plates, front bumper, & some body armor. I had to redesign the chassis mud guards which I'll add later with some rear mud guards.

Well, you've about wore that wing down to nuttin! Looks like you've been havin fun!:)

I think it was an older sedan, like a SL or SW

sorry but it has to be said. that's one ugly mother fiddlesticker.
You should of seen it b4 the last rebuild ;) It only has 6 or 7 original parts left.

I still have this body for it, it hasn't seen a single run yet . . .

Nice work! As far as the bottom skids go.... they are just there for scraping pads and not preventing any frame bending, yes?
Did the extra weight effect your ride?

Nice work! As far as the bottom skids go.... they are just there for scraping pads and not preventing any frame bending, yes?
Did the extra weight effect your ride?
The skids are for scraping & the rear also keeps the wing mount from flexing too much. All the chassis braces is preventing bending. There's zero flex in the chassis & shock towers. As for the ride, I went at it for an hour today. I noticed that it was much more controllable in the air. Other than that, there wasn't much of a difference.

A regular tower to tower brace doesn't keep the towers from bending in a bad crash & can ruin both diffs under a heavy rear end impact. I used that brace until that happened to me, then I started to explore other options.

Ok makes sense.
Does this new setup hinder wrenching?
Not as much as I thought it would. The center diff is a bit of a pain to get out. It's easier to unbolt everything from the chassis to do diff work. I usually broke diff cases instead of gears so that's nothing new.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like i might give this project a shot!
Any tips or maybe things you would've done differently knowing what you know now?

Also where did you find the extended screws for the rear skid?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back