Fireteam fireteam cutting out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robm422

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
hey all you guru's out there, my fireteam cuts out after running for a while. Then it will work again the quit, etc etc. I can also make it do it when i run it against a curb slowly, it will cut in and out and then suddenly stop. if i power down the car and tuen it back on it works again for a while. The steering always works, all connections are solid, radio batteries are fresh. i'm out of ideas!

oh and i have a hobbywing max6 esc and hobbywing motor
both around 116

When it happens, look at the LED on the ESC, it will give you a blink code.
Either overheat or LVC. Overheat requires a restart.

What are your ambient temps and are you going WOT?

So i'm getting the green flashes indicating thermal overload, tommorrow i will get out the programming card and see what temperature its set at. It must be set pretty low, or i wasn't getting an accurate reading withn the heat gun

think your esc is on its way out. I remember having similar problems with a 185 blx esc a few years ago. it kept stopping and starting then set on fire

Sounds a little bit like you are hitting LVC. Check the pack for a bad cell or high resistance on one cell. Simple battery checker or possibly your charger can give you the resistance values. If the cells are good and no overheating try and factory reset the ESC. Outside of that like said above the ESC may be on the way out.

Sounds a little bit like you are hitting LVC. Check the pack for a bad cell or high resistance on one cell. Simple battery checker or possibly your charger can give you the resistance values. If the cells are good and no overheating try and factory reset the ESC. Outside of that like said above the ESC may be on the way out.
i plugged in a voltage checker and watched as i ran, all the cells looked good.
i think my esc is going the way of all the earth, sucks because its only a year old!
6s, stock tires

I think your esc is on its way out. I remember having similar problems with a 185 blx esc a few years ago. it kept stopping and starting then set on fire
I think it's not smart to scare people when you don't have enough details to come to this conclusion. He could be running a gigantic 30T pinion, 5000kv motor, high ratio diffs, gigantic wheels...

So i'm getting the green flashes indicating thermal overload, tommorrow i will get out the programming card and see what temperature its set at. It must be set pretty low, or i wasn't getting an accurate reading withn the heat gun
With a heatgun you only measure the exterior. It's got for reference, but not exact.

21t
1650kv
not sure
voltage is 4S/6S/8S?
assuming 6S:
21T could be a little on the high side. If it keeps overheating go down 1 or 2T. That will resolve the problem. Sure you could likely raise the thermal protection temp, but it will just delay the same a few more minutes

i'll swap out the gear today and see what happens, hopefully i have a 18t lying around

I run 20t on my Kraton 6s with same motor and esc as you, no issues at all with heat or cutting out. Are you using a plug adapter? I had major cut out issues with those.

I think it's not smart to scare people when you don't have enough details to come to this conclusion. He could be running a gigantic 30T pinion, 5000kv motor, high ratio diffs, gigantic wheels...

With a heatgun you only measure the exterior. It's got for reference, but not exact.

voltage is 4S/6S/8S?
assuming 6S:
21T could be a little on the high side. If it keeps overheating go down 1 or 2T. That will resolve the problem. Sure you could likely raise the thermal protection temp, but it will just delay the same a few more minutes
I'm not scaring anyone just telling him what happened to me that's how it is in this hobby costs a lot of money sometimes

I'm not scaring anyone just telling him what happened to me that's how it is in this hobby costs a lot of money sometimes
"think your esc is on its way out." sounds scary imho, but not ment to get in an argument. The hobby certainly is costly in the most unexpected ways

"think your esc is on its way out." sounds scary imho, but not ment to get in an argument. The hobby certainly is costly in the most unexpected ways
it does but its going to happen at some point I've had a few go and your heart sinks for sure thinking not more money :( maybe I was a bit harsh :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back