Fireteam Fireteam on 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cured my FireTeam body issues, and shed about 1.5 pounds, by replacing it with a Kraton shell and a BQ rear mount extension. :p

View attachment 277715

I spend most of the time on the streets and hope to not roll often so I don't have the Kraton inner cage in there (yet). Kraton bumpers and wing/mount are on their way.
Oh but the gap in back :). I'd be curious to see what that BQ mount extension is - I can't find it googling. I've seen people on the stretched typhons putting the body pins on extended rods just extending horizontally from the normal mounts. Those are guaranteed to bend on the first roof crash. I think they've been more road builds or just cool looking type of builds rather than bashing.

Does look pretty cool though up front though!

Edit: Just noticed your comment under the picture about being mostly road - I bet it will hold up fine that way.

Can you elaborate? I did a quick search for his fireteam videos but there are a ton of them.
Sorry...

In one of his early many FT videos, he spoke about how the panel I pic above pulls apart since there are no screws there. He taped it down or something like that. So before I ever bashed it, I E6000 that rear gap so that panel would not pull apart

Here is the video I time started at his statement:

@chilly81 I cannot say I bash like you my FT is always on dirt, gravel not on asphalt ever. Since July, my panels are still on nothing broken or missing. But I did study a lot of YT'ers to see their panel issues and drywall each panel and E6000 each and gaps that came apart Rich D. called out.

View attachment 277711View attachment 277712View attachment 277713View attachment 277714
Yeah I am not a beliver in shoogooing bodies in general, however with these FT panels, you absolutely need to do it. (y)

Another YT'er added this on the roof and I did the same below no roof cracks yet... I end up on the roof more than I would like, LOL

1676225466324.png

1676225452540.png

Sorry...

In one of his early many FT videos, he spoke about how the panel I pic above pulls apart since there are no screws there. He taped it down or something like that. So before I ever bashed it, I E6000 that rear gap so that panel would not pull apart

I wonder why many reverse the rotation on these "directional" stock tires.... Like the Video above. The front wheels are swapped left to right. Does it make any sense traction wise? Or was that just a mistake? Thought about that, but feel if anything I would want the Rear tires to be reversed if anything. :unsure:Reverse tire rotation at the front would reduce much steering IMHO. Traction must be different in some way. Beneficial some how?? IDK.
Anyone have thoughts on this?:unsure:

Last edited:
I wonder why many reverse the rotation on these "directional" stock tires.... Like the Video above. The front wheels are swapped left to right. Does it make any sense traction wise? Or was that just a mistake?

It has to be a mistake on his part. I see it a lot as well, and I find myself I need to pay close attention you can easily install in the wrong direction....or my bad eyes :LOL:

Oh but the gap in back :). I'd be curious to see what that BQ mount extension is - I can't find it googling. I've seen people on the stretched typhons putting the body pins on extended rods just extending horizontally from the normal mounts. Those are guaranteed to bend on the first roof crash. I think they've been more road builds or just cool looking type of builds rather than bashing.

Does look pretty cool though up front though!

Edit: Just noticed your comment under the picture about being mostly road - I bet it will hold up fine that way.
BQ is short for BasherQueen

Basherqueen Arrma Kraton 6S / Arrma Kraton EXB XL Conversion Body Mount System

PXL_20230212_004755480.jpg

Neurosurgeon looked at MRI and said only surgical option is a multilevel fusion in my neck and told me he wouldn't do it except as an absolute last resort due to long term complications and permanent limitations to how i can move
I can fully attest to this. I had to do the last resort surgery because my cervical spine finally displaced after 6 years of physical therapy and steroid treatments. I had c2-7 fused (below picture) in 2016 and at least I was able function since the surgery. I still had to get a spinal stimulator implant to help with the nerve issues and severe pain last October. It eased around 70% of my neuropathy and around 50% of my overall pain. A spinal stimulator is something you should talk to your doctor about. I seriously wish I had looked into one years ago. It really does help. I can use my hands now with ease and my feet no longer feel like I’m walking on broken glass.

BB9672AB-2ED1-4597-9346-493D5EED459C.jpeg

It has to be a mistake on his part. I see it a lot as well, and I find myself I need to pay close attention you can easily install in the wrong direction....or my bad eyes :LOL:
Probably me, because I am a tire monger and know car tires well. I am anal like that. I can quickly glance at a tire and know if it Directional or not or Asymetrical. Asymetrical tires have an Inner and outer marked on the sidewall. Never seen them in RC tires though. I used to work a big Tire center. Was just a customer and the owner asked if I wanted to work there. I did it for a few months. Didn't pay enough for me. :LOL:

Sorry...

Thanks! All the panels on mine are falling apart. I’ll have to do much more prep with the second set.

Thanks! All the panels on mine are falling apart. I’ll have to do much more prep with the second set.
Keep researching and take it with a grain of salt. It has worked for me not one panel is broken, and I do crash, cartwheel, flip, etc. all that... (y)

I can fully attest to this. I had to do the last resort surgery because my cervical spine finally displaced after 6 years of physical therapy and steroid treatments. I had c2-7 fused (below picture) in 2016 and at least I was able function since the surgery. I still had to get a spinal stimulator implant to help with the nerve issues and severe pain last October. It eased around 70% of my neuropathy and around 50% of my overall pain. A spinal stimulator is something you should talk to your doctor about. I seriously wish I had looked into one years ago. It really does help. I can use my hands now with ease and my feet no longer feel like I’m walking on broken glass.
I have an appointment the first week of March with pain management. I'll definitely ask about the stimulator. I have 3 different points my vertebrae are pressing on nerves, that will be possible to improve some but not fully with therapy is what my doctor thinks

I have some additional issues with my collarbone and first rib compressing the nerves that go down to my arm that should be able to be fully relieved with therapy, that should help some too.

I have an appointment the first week of March with pain management. I'll definitely ask about the stimulator. I have 3 different points my vertebrae are pressing on nerves, that will be possible to improve some but not fully with therapy is what my doctor thinks

I have some additional issues with my collarbone and first rib compressing the nerves that go down to my arm that should be able to be fully relieved with therapy, that should help some too.
Therapy hurts so be prepared to suffer. But don’t give up. There’s a good chance it could work. Have you tried steroid treatments? Deep TPIs (trigger point injections) can relieve swelling in muscles and ligament that are stressed from your injuries, allowing some healing to kick in. Dry needle injections are like deep acupuncture to break up scar tissue. Don’t hesitate to explore all options. Push your doctor as well. The more proactive you are the more serious the doctor will take it. Hang tough man and feel free to message me with any questions or even just to talk about it all.
Doug
Here, check my thread out. It was about those awful final months before I got the stimulator. You may find it helpful…
Thread 'Spinal cord stimulator'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/spinal-cord-stimulator.49368/

Keep researching and take it with a grain of salt. It has worked for me not one panel is broken, and I do crash, cartwheel, flip, etc. all that... (y)
Looking over my FT and fixing the foglights.... I found ONE broken panel hole. One place I did not add any drywall or shoeglue...just oversight I always get each screw hole. Over all for the many months I had it with the one broken, the strength is still 95% not moving at all in the pic spot. FYI to catch those two front holes.

1676588887892.png

1676588923792.png
1676588936236.png

I could ignore it but E6000 is flexible so will add some on the outside just for precautions...
1676589014731.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back