firma esc smart wire and plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrasalmus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton Mega
so in my kraton i only run 6s batts, so i was wondering if i could get rid of the series connecter and run only 1. normally this would be easy but since the positive and negative leads both have a smart wire on them is it going to be possible to remove a plug? i do use smart batts and would love to get rid of the extra wiring that i wont ever use.

so in my kraton i only run 6s batts, so i was wondering if i could get rid of the series connecter and run only 1. normally this would be easy but since the positive and negative leads both have a smart wire on them is it going to be possible to remove a plug? i do use smart batts and would love to get rid of the extra wiring that i wont ever use.
Yes, you can snip the smart wire off the plug you removed.

does it matter what plug is removed, id like to remove the one thats on the negative side, ya know this way i could have a positive outcome....(drumrollhere)
lol, no I don’t think it matters( just be sure you don’t snip the wrong smart wire.)

If you have the loop connector.. why bother!? I mean I guess u only use 6s but what if that changes.. u might get some 3s on sale or something!! "Don't fix it if it ain't broke".. pretty well known term!! 🤣

last time i ran i single 6 s battery with the loop, that loop came flying out a few times on some landings. i am about to do the same but make the switch to QS8 connectors for the anti spark.

well i did it and holy cow is it so much cleaner for air flow and looks great, all work except the buggy battery info that hardly ever showed up before anyway

oh damn thought i made a follow up on this awhile back....

ok so in case anyone else wants todo this , yes it does matter what wire you use. you need to use the one coming off of the negative wire from the esc. if u use the positive side, i experienced no data.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back