Kraton First crash.... Help me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcraider94

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
I lost control and ran into my neighbor's van at about 40-50mph, I enclosed pictures of the carnage..... How do I fix this??
20200322_182951.jpg
20200322_183005.jpg

I’d start by taking the front end apart. Check for any other damage like bent hinge pins, shock shafts, etc. make a list of what you need and order said parts. Might consider getting after market pieces if your so inclined. The last thing you want to do is place an order for what you think is broken only to find out that when to begin to replace those parts you find more damage further delaying fun times.

open up the manual either online or from your kit and find the part numbers you need. You might consider the HR steering knuckles. They are aluminum and super nice.

looks like it streched that steering rod end pretty badly. You will have to order one of those. Check that there are no cracks in your steering block. If there are none, unscrew the pivot balls form the arms. Then take off your wheel. Then unscrew the red circle things on your steering block. take them out and the plastic bit behind it. Put the pivot balls through the two holes in the steering block and screw them in to the arm. put the driveshaft in the diff outdrive cup. Then put in the plastic spacers, and screw in the red pivot ball nut things. make sure that they aren't too tight so the steering and suspension can move easily. Might want to order some steering blocks too. it had to give for the pivot ball to pop out so that means that it stretched or cracked. Plus check the whole front end for damage.

I’d start by taking the front end apart. Check for any other damage like bent hinge pins, shock shafts, etc. make a list of what you need and order said parts. Might consider getting after market pieces if your so inclined. The last thing you want to do is place an order for what you think is broken only to find out that when to begin to replace those parts you find more damage further delaying fun times.

open up the manual either online or from your kit and find the part numbers you need. You might consider the HR steering knuckles. They are aluminum and super nice.
This^

Idk how many times I have ordered parts based on just looking at something, only to tear it apart and find other stuff broken too.......

Well done.
Is the cvd bent?
other than what it looks like from the pix you need a rod end and maybe a front steering block. But that might go back together. I’ve seen a few that have yanked the balls through. Take it apart read and learn the manual.
How did the van look?

Unless I'm wrong, the only steering block upgrade is Hot Racing for 6s. If there's another upgrade option I'm unsure. This will be the biggest cost at $50. You could also replace with stock for substantially less. When I break, I upgrade for future proof but not necessary if you just want to replace with stock parts. Nothing wrong with either choice.
On the rod ends there's lots of suggestions at the forum here to replace with tougher but none are infallible.

I will and thanks a million!

Can I pop these balls back into the socket? Nothing looks to be broken otherwise.....
20200322_221115.jpg
20200322_221140.jpg

..and this is the other car... ;)
???
Well done.
Is the cvd bent?
other than what it looks like from the pix you need a rod end and maybe a front steering block. But that might go back together. I’ve seen a few that have yanked the balls through. Take it apart read and learn the manual.
How did the van look?
Lol, the van survived, it is one of the old Ford Econoline vans....

Can I pop these balls back into the socket? Nothing looks to be broken otherwise.....
View attachment 71106View attachment 71107

???

Lol, the van survived, it is one of the old Ford Econoline vans....

Balls can go back in for sure. Remove the red nuts and feed the post in first from the outside. Tighten post into the arm and then replace the red nuts but don't over-tighten. Check exploded view for details at ArrmaRC.

Balls can go back in for sure. Remove the red nuts and feed the post in first from the outside. Tighten post into the arm and then replace the red nuts but don't over-tighten. Check exploded view for details at ArrmaRC.
Thanks alot, I'm headed back to the garage right now, lol!

Unless I'm wrong, the only steering block upgrade is Hot Racing for 6s. If there's another upgrade option I'm unsure. This will be the biggest cost at $50. You could also replace with stock for substantially less. When I break, I upgrade for future proof but not necessary if you just want to replace with stock parts. Nothing wrong with either choice.
On the rod ends there's lots of suggestions at the forum here to replace with tougher but none are infallible.
I think Garbage Parts Manufacturing and Intejunk make some steering blocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back