Typhon Rear drive shaft. Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello arrma friends
I have completely converted my Typhon to road and am currently driving 145 miles per hour on 6s and 75 miles in bashing mode. My problem is that the left rear drive shaft is falling apart because I am almost out of the way with the pins because it is so low. Definitely on the left a little more. I installed a Cvd from Gpm today as a test but it also pulverized after 3 rides and with only 3s but to be fair I have to say that it was a used one from my Infraction 8s. Yes I could set my fall to negative 5 degrees I'm sure the pins go in further, but I always drive in neutral when I fall because I don't use rubber tires. Are there slightly longer drive shafts that fit? I exclude CVD because it is not durable (the pin is too small and angled too much. I would be grateful for any help. I look forward to your answers. Thank you.

Hello arrma friends
I have completely converted my Typhon to road and am currently driving 145 miles per hour on 6s and 75 miles in bashing mode. My problem is that the left rear drive shaft is falling apart because I am almost out of the way with the pins because it is so low. Definitely on the left a little more. I installed a Cvd from Gpm today as a test but it also pulverized after 3 rides and with only 3s but to be fair I have to say that it was a used one from my Infraction 8s. Yes I could set my fall to negative 5 degrees I'm sure the pins go in further, but I always drive in neutral when I fall because I don't use rubber tires. Are there slightly longer drive shafts that fit? I exclude CVD because it is not durable (the pin is too small and angled too much. I would be grateful for any help. I look forward to your answers. Thank you.

Let us take a look at the pins (condition) that you're talking about..

Hello arrma friends
Pic would help tremendously. I run cvds on rear..no issues..have you adjusted droop screw

20231112_124013.jpg

I will of course send you pictures tomorrow. What is the droop screw?Of course I don't have the problem with the cvd that the pin moves out too much but as I said the cvd didn't last long today but was a used one from the infraction.entschukdiging if I don't understand something and ask.I'm Austrian and my English is not very good.

Yes, I screwed in the adjusting screw on the lower wishbone quite a bit because I drive my Typhon very low. Now I know what you mean by that.
Lower than this??

20231112_141933.jpg

I'm not aware of any longer axles,kinda confused because I've been low as possible an also high as possible an cant recall doggones falling out from being to short

Yes, that's true. I actually know that not only when you jump hard and land sideways or crooked, but not on the onraoad. I've now ordered a cvd and hope that they'll be ok in terms of durability.
I've had zero issues with cvds on rear.got tired of looking for dog bones after every crash.cvds won't fly out..mine have lots of hits on them.

Yes, it is deeper than hers

IMG_20231113_124700.jpg

As you can see, the pin unfortunately sticks out with the original drive shafts

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_124911.jpg
    IMG_20231113_124911.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 25
If its the in/out that your issue is. Maybe a small peice of plastic shoved into each cup would set that for you.
All the best-john

Yes, I know that you can solve it like that, but in my opinion it is not suitable in the long term. I am now installing new gpm cvds and they will last longer than the old ones from infraction that I have actually retired. Do you have a manufacturer that is very has durable cvd waves?thanks

You could also pull in a little more negative camber at the rear to give the pin a few more mm’s in the cup. The best solution I’ve found, as others have mentioned, is to run the front CVD’s in the rear. Direct swap, more durable, won’t fall out. I’ve done this to all three of my on-road Typhons.
Also, if you put internal shock limiters in to get your ride height low you’ll save a ton of wear and tear on the a-arms (droop screw holes) and chassis where the droop screw sets. Many don’t realize the tension it creates when you have them screwed down that low.

thanks for your answer . I don't want to change my camber, I drive in neutral because it gives me better straight-line stability. And when I go bashing and cornering, I don't have a cone with the foam rubber tires. I'm a little surprised that it works with the front cvd since they're 94 mm have and himten 91. I accidentally ordered it for the front but if you say that they drive so successfully then it will work for me too. Thank you very much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back