Kraton First drive of the K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
My daughter and me drove the K8S for the first time today since getting it , set the punch on 5 , used 8000mah 100c batteries , everything else stock . Just wanted to go out with it and get the feel for it , not kill it , and just go easy . The BMX track was way to muddy , so went to an old golf course with some rolling hills , got some air but not big . The truck is as expected , awesome to drive !!! But def needs a pinion !! LOL , it's quick , but not quite right where I want for speed , don't know if I'd go with a 23T , just want it a little faster than stock for now . Recommendations ?????
We brought the Talion with us also , and broke it in less than 5 mins !! LOL , did a barrel roll and it broke the front shock rod end and the RPM wing mount . WTH ?? Maybe the cold temp outside ?
Even though not big air with the K8S , it flies so gracefully !!! We also got a you tube channel up and going , my daughter taking care of the compiling and editing !! We have to get used to that to !! Nothing crazy for videos , but it's a start . She's having fun with it .

It really does fly so dang stable. It's better in the air than my Talion which is insane.

I'm running a 24t and love it. Yes it's a lot faster than the stock pinion but more importantly it will give you so much more attitude control in the air. Temps are still perfect because high voltage means less amp draw and less heat.

I bought the kraton 8s myself and bought 2 of the 4s 5000 spektrum 50c because that’s what was recommended but I saw that spektrum has the same 4s 5000 but with 100c. I havnt had a chance to drive it but wanted to order a second set of batteries as I know they will be needed anyway And since nobody caries much spektrum where I live i have to order it. Would I be ok to buy these 100c ones with the K8s being all stock?

Attachments

• 75A962E9-2B34-4A15-ADD3-4CE45AB0388A.png
    75A962E9-2B34-4A15-ADD3-4CE45AB0388A.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 35
  • BE6D6FCB-3B30-4A21-ABE5-0BDF674D05D8.png
    BE6D6FCB-3B30-4A21-ABE5-0BDF674D05D8.png
    449.3 KB · Views: 39
I bought the kraton 8s myself and bought 2 of the 4s 5000 spektrum 50c because that’s what was recommended but I saw that spektrum has the same 4s 5000 but with 100c. I havnt had a chance to drive it but wanted to order a second set of batteries as I know they will be needed anyway And since nobody caries much spektrum where I live i have to order it. Would I be ok to buy these 100c ones with the K8s being all stock?
Yes a higher c rating is virtually always more beneficial and technically easier on the electronics

My daughter and me drove the K8S for the first time today since getting it , set the punch on 5 , used 8000mah 100c batteries , everything else stock . Just wanted to go out with it and get the feel for it , not kill it , and just go easy . The BMX track was way to muddy , so went to an old golf course with some rolling hills , got some air but not big . The truck is as expected , awesome to drive !!! But def needs a pinion !! LOL , it's quick , but not quite right where I want for speed , don't know if I'd go with a 23T , just want it a little faster than stock for now . Recommendations ?????
We brought the Talion with us also , and broke it in less than 5 mins !! LOL , did a barrel roll and it broke the front shock rod end and the RPM wing mount . WTH ?? Maybe the cold temp outside ?
Even though not big air with the K8S , it flies so gracefully !!! We also got a you tube channel up and going , my daughter taking care of the compiling and editing !! We have to get used to that to !! Nothing crazy for videos , but it's a start . She's having fun with it .

Nice! Looks like the kinda terrain I'll be running my v4 6s on. I'm just waiting on my RC bag so I can haul it to my bashing spot (I only drive a motorbike)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back