Kraton Best Drive Shafts For K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumnig66

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but I need to know the best drive shafts for my Kraton 8s EXB with a Max5 esc and 800kv motor šŸ¤¤ I just got this rig and I'm already in love! BUT... she is snapping rear shafts like twigs! My punch setting is at stock 3 so I need to bring it down? From what I'm seeing is the M2C Shafts are the best out there. Any advice would be much appreciated šŸ–¤
Snapchat-2140279725.jpg
Snapchat-717094990.jpg
Snapchat-1411667566.jpg
Snapchat-643081947.jpg
Snapchat-876077315.jpg
Snapchat-2057534133.jpg

Damn! I run 12s on 5 rigs and pound on them. Stockers have held up well. I got no experience with the M2C driveshafts. You have a picture of the snapped driveshafts?

Any way you can send a picture of what you are talking about? My shocks are solid it's my drive shafts that keep snapping
1699863065849.png

It stops the shocks from compressing all the way which should stop your dog bones from getting yeeted at the diff cups. There is actually another thread on this topic either on the first or 2nd page of this section of the forums with 3d printed parts to help accomplish the same thing. The nylon washer trick is also really good at stopping the front dog bones from popping out on arrma 6s rigs like the kraton/talion.
Do you put those inside or outside the shock body?
outside! see pic :geek:

Honestly, I'm not even 100% sure this is all you need to do but it's been working for me so far. I had it happen multiple times before doing this.

View attachment 331637

It stops the shocks from compressing all the way which should stop your dog bones from getting yeeted at the diff cups. There is actually another thread on this topic either on the first or 2nd page of this section of the forums with 3d printed parts to help accomplish the same thing. The nylon washer trick is also really good at stopping the front dog bones from popping out on arrma 6s rigs like the kraton/talion.

outside! see pic :geek:

Honestly, I'm not even 100% sure this is all you need to do but it's been working for me so far. I had it happen multiple times before doing this.
Thank you brotha I will most definitely pick some up!! Can't hurt and I think I am also going to pick up some M2C OVERKILLS all the way around šŸ’ŖšŸ–¤
20231112_231807.jpg
20231112_231823.jpg

From what I can tell from your pictures, those arenā€™t stock Arrma shaftsā€¦ā€¦who makes those?
The stock shafts have been fine for meā€¦ā€¦but as mentioned above, droop screw settings and shock bump stops are an important ingredient in the overall health of your axlesā€¦..droop being more important in my opinion.

Iā€™ve had schit luck with the M2C axles (on 6s rigs) havenā€™t tried them on my K8. Also GPM axles were schit as well. Iā€™m done with buying aftermarket axles and will stick with stock.

As @Moirae pointed out above, bump stops are a link in drivetrain integrity. Iā€™m shocked (no pun intended) that Arrma doesnā€™t include them in their shock setups. Hereā€™s a Losi part number that includes proper bump stopsā€¦..circled. They should fit on your K8 shock shafts.
Google ā€Rc shock bump stopsā€ for more options.

cheers,
kev

IMG_0337.jpeg

From what I can tell from your pictures, those arenā€™t stock Arrma shaftsā€¦ā€¦who makes those?
The stock shafts have been fine for meā€¦ā€¦but as mentioned above, droop screw settings and shock bump stops are an important ingredient in the overall health of your axlesā€¦..droop being more important in my opinion.

Iā€™ve had schit luck with the M2C axles (on 6s rigs) havenā€™t tried them on my K8. Also GPM axles were schit as well. Iā€™m done with buying aftermarket axles and will stick with stock.

As @Moirae pointed out above, bump stops are a link in drivetrain integrity. Iā€™m shocked (no pun intended) that Arrma doesnā€™t include them in their shock setups. Hereā€™s a Losi part number that includes proper bump stopsā€¦..circled. They should fit on your K8 shock shafts.
Google ā€Rc shock bump stopsā€ for more options.

cheers,
kev

View attachment 331640
Honestly i'm not sure what drive shafts are installed i picked up this rig used. I think what I'm going to do is the nylon washers as bump stops and get the droop screws along with overkills on all 4

Here We Go 1/4" fuel line inside and nylon washers as Bump Stops
View attachment 332225View attachment 332226View attachment 332227
Hope this sorts your CVD snapping prob! Few months back, I was stumped trying to figure it out. Snapped loads of CVDs until I tried the fuel tubing trickā€”minus the bump stop. Now, no more pin issues, even with some wild, on-throttle landings that used to wreck 'em. Too lazy to pull apart the shock just for the bump stops, but it's been solid for months.

I think the issue with the stock droop setting using the screw is that over time, after hundreds of jumps and landings, the droop screw starts sinking into the A-arm. This messes up the droop setting, which then results in the pin snapping issue

Yea definitely agree because I have gone all out with the truck and not a problem! Thank you everyone for the amazing advice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back