First futaba rx what to expect!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubLRRLIFE!8887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
So I decided after being in the hobby almost 2 yrs to change over to different brands just to see what it brings as far as performance anyways what to expect with futaba rx im working on the tx so the idea is to be ready for summer so take me to rx/tx school please haha let me know fellas what pitfalls and upsides before I spend 800 on a tx!!!!

I know I need to clean it with wd-40 it’s coming!lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

10px here and love it. It's expensive but there's a few advantages that may or may not justify the high price tag. If you run a full futaba setup (servo/gyro/receiver) you can program the servo (speed, end points, center point, etc) wirelessly. Servo, gyro and receiver can be run in SR mode (probably not important in speedrunning). Servo can be connected to gyro via SBUS2 which can simplify wiring (won't be able to program servo wirelessly). Telemetry can be used with CC ESCs so you can see motor rpm, ripple, system voltage and current. ESC temp doesn't work correctly at this time. Futaba sensors can be hooked up to SBUS such as a temperature lead for the motor and/or GPS which would allow you to see speed on the transmitter.

I run full futaba in my 3 cars in various configurations....

Other than the price there really aren't any downfalls. I've been using my 7PXR for a year and a half now. Love it!! Better than the DX5 Pro I was using. Get familiar with settings like Throttle/Brake Speed (3 different stages available to smooth out takeoffs), Throttle/Brake Curve, Steering Curve and too many others to mention here. I've been playing around with the Traction Control and ABS lately. There's a lot to use so take your time. There's a screw in the trigger you can remove which gives you a longer trigger movement. You can make your trigger very sensitive or dull depending on your driving style. I would download the manual and pay close attention to the 'Before Using' and 'Installation' pages. The 7PXR definitely helped improve my driving skills. The touch screen and interface are very easy to learn and use. You'll see the difference once you use it. Most people who take the leap never go back to any other controller. And if you notice most of the fastest guys in drag and speed running use Futaba.

oh and another advantage. Futaba has great range. I've measured 1200+ feet and didn't exceed the limits of the futaba....

334 and 404 will give op 1200+ feet and are both diversity antennas. 7px but not 10px is compatible with FAAST protocol which is supposedly better.

True
A lot of the top speedrunners use aerial receivers but they aren’t compatible with telemetry. I can’t remember if u can use sbsu

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back