Radio link rcg6s rx/rx question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
I can’t for the life of me figure out why my throttle is so touchy. There’s no starting off slow. All four tires break loose with the slightest touch of the throttle on any surface. I’ve messed with the throttle curve, turn my esc punch level to 1, messed with the throttle epa etc. nothing seems to help… my Kraton xl is a torque monster but I’d like to tame it down on start up. Am I missing something?

What power system, and did you put like 20M in the diffs? Need more info about your car.

If I am pulling wheelies or spinning like mad I usually start with -30% THEXP/FWD-EXP. There is also a THSPD setting but I haven't tried messing with that yet because it confuses me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually took one of my Typhons out today that I had changed gearing on and was underwhelmed with it until I turned the THEXP from -30% to INH/0% so it could start carrying the front wheels on pavement.

Work on your Throttle Finger better. Practice..........
You did all else....it is not always the Model to blame.
DId you adjust the Throttle trigger Neutral Range "percentage"?
Don't overlook the chosen Pinion gear as one cause. It may be too small.

What power system, and did you put like 20M in the diffs? Need more info about your car.
Max 6 esc, 4092 rocket 1650kv motor, 18/19t pinion, stock spur. I’ll try a factory reset, lower some throttle settings and see what happens…’it seems to not always want to respond to reverse either.
Work on your Throttle Finger better. Practice..........
You did all else....it is not always the Model to blame.
DId you adjust the Throttle trigger Neutral Range "percentage"?
Don't overlook the chosen Pinion gear as one cause. It may be too small.
I have decent throttle control. I can’t even creep in the trigger. I went down to a 18 or 19t pinion to keep it from over heating. I’m going to start over and reset it again.!
100k front 500k center and 50k rear if I remember correctly

I'll assume you have an XLWB Kraton hybrid or something.
Are you running that 4092 1650kv on 8s or 6s? With large MT tires?

>>>On 8s, it will have some extreme Punch/power to it. Especially with a 1650kv motor. And I could see a 4092 1650kv getting hot with 8s. Maybe the pinion is wrong?
If on 8s, have your tried the Max6 with 6s?

FWIW, I found that the Center differential of my XLWB Fireteam runs best with 700k- 1million, give or take. (I mix some 500k with 1 mil.) I run 60k front/ 30k rear. All standard Open diffs. Metal one at center. Center diff gets very hot. Around 180-200F ish. Normal I guess due to the weight
The Fireteam in stock trim is heavy. I run all stock electrics on 6S . With the speed gear and a good fan setup.
If Reverse is tempermental, could be a sign you need to Recalibrate your Radio's Throttle setting with the ESC.

Last edited:
I'll assume you have an XLWB Kraton hybrid or something.
Are you running that 4092 1650kv on 8s or 6s? With large MT tires?

>>>On 8s, it will have some extreme Punch/power to it. Especially with a 1650kv motor. And I could see a 4092 1650kv getting hot with 8s. Maybe the pinion is wrong?
If on 8s, have your tried the Max6 with 6s?

FWIW, I found that the Center differential of my XLWB Fireteam runs best with 700k- 1million, give or take. (I mix some 500k with 1 mil.) I run 60k front/ 30k rear. All standard Open diffs. Metal one at center. Center diff gets very hot. Around 180-200F ish. Normal I guess due to the weight
The Fireteam in stock trim is heavy. I run all stock electrics on 6S . With the speed gear and a good fan setup.
If Reverse is tempermental, could be a sign you need to Recalibrate your Radio's Throttle setting with the ESC.
Yes xlwb Kraton. I only run it on 6S. Never tried 8S and probably won’t. I’m running backflip lp’s. I have metal gear cases in all 3 diffs. I’m going to try a factory reset again and recalibrate esc again. I have to fix my center diff and am waiting for parts so I can test it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back