Limitless First time speed build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure why this guy was struggling so much.
Did you read this thread? He was struggling because he had no experience or knowledge of the hobby whatsoever. He was literally talking about soldering LiPo’s together to get a series connection (because he didn’t see the 8mm bullets in one of Raz’s videos) and wondering if Raz de-soldered them every time he charged them or if there was another method he didn’t know about. He also had to ask what the balance connectors on his LiPo’s were and what they were for. This guy was a babe in the woods and was extremely stubborn in refusing the advice of others.
This is not a person who needs to be building a first-time car that could potentially reach somewhere near 200mph. The best case scenario is that he wasted around $3k of his own money. The worst case scenario could have been much worse, but we’ll probably never know.

Its very obtainable. The first speedrun car I built was a dual 1721 2400kv. Even has some custom parts. Car works great. I lost interest in it for a while, but I'm getting back into it this year to try and push some new PB's. I'm not sure why this guy was struggling so much.
What is your experience with speed running

What is your experience with speed running
Pretty much what I just posted. I have a thread on here called 'yet another GT build'. I'm building an open wheel single 2028 1700kv right now.
The dual motor car has passed 4s testing. I've run a few 8s tests and have been getting the throttle and braking dialed in at that power level.
The car is ready for some 8s runs starting out at about 65% throttle. Like I said, I just lost interest last year - dipping back into it this year.
Am I putting up big numbers right now? No. But I'm on my way and not doing terribly considering what the car is and that we built a driveline no one else has tried.

Pretty much what I just posted. I have a thread on here called 'yet another GT build'. I'm building an open wheel single 2028 1700kv right now.
The dual motor car has passed 4s testing. I've run a few 8s tests and have been getting the throttle and braking dialed in at that power level.
The car is ready for some 8s runs starting out at about 65% throttle. Like I said, I just lost interest last year - dipping back into it this year.
Am I putting up big numbers right now? No. But I'm on my way and not doing terribly considering what the car is and that we built a driveline no one else has tried.
What is your pb

There are some pretty huge differences between your build and that guys. You have obvious experience in the hobby, know more than just the basics, and you have enough understanding and respect for the realities to take it by degrees until you reach your goals. You have common sense and a realistic approach. The other guy had neither.
BTW, post your progress when you get back to it. I was wondering where you left it.

There are some pretty huge differences between your build and that guys. You have obvious experience in the hobby, know more than just the basics, and you have enough understanding and respect for the realities to take it by degrees until you reach your goals. You have common sense and a realistic approach. The other guy had neither.
BTW, post your progress when you get back to it. I was wondering where you left it.
What is your pb
I’m interested in that new dive Tran 🤔

I'm still around. I went on a tangent and was doing a display piece build with the performancelimitless 908 body. I have some aero parts I need to run some 3d print tests of and then send that out to be CNC'ed in carbon and I think i'm done with that guy. I get distracted easily - have the attention span of a gnat - so I also started woodworking last year. Looking forward to getting back out this year and seeing what the car can do, though.

I'm still around. I went on a tangent and was doing a display piece build with the performancelimitless 908 body.
Pix or it didn’t happen, man.
I have some aero parts I need to run some 3d print tests of and then send that out to be CNC'ed in carbon and I think i'm done with that guy. I get distracted easily - have the attention span of a gnat - so I also started woodworking last year. Looking forward to getting back out this year and seeing what the car can do, though.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I’m interested in that new dive Tran 🤔
PB is 130. That was on 4s and wasn't pushing the car very hard. Its geared for roughly 215mph on 8s at full throttle, not really wanting to re-gear the car until I start hitting limits with it. Goal for the car is 200 without having to heat and overcharge. Not sure if it'll get there... The driveline was a fun idea at the time. I think I explain the why behind it in the other thread, but the short version is that I was trying to solve for the problem Raz was having frying 1721 2400kvs in a dual car at very high speed. So I designed this offset motor setup with the differential connecting them. Theory behind it was that it would give the motors the ability breathe on their own and hopefully not dictate timing to the second motor causing stuff to melt. I built this when that 1721 2400kv motor was the best Castle had. If I were doing it over I'd just do a dual 2028 1700 the standard way. But I'm commited to seeing where this car can get to before I make any major changes like different motors.

Pix or it didn’t happen, man.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
The one in the middle is the display piece. Just need to get the spoiler finished. Anyone that bought one of these with the aero pieces can attest that what they included was unusable. You can see it has verticals on it, but I'm not done with the horizontal. I'm probably going to abondon these and design some that look like the original rendering they showed of the 908. These bodies were all painted by Anthony Jagielski. Same very talented guy that painted some of Raz's bodies. I've got another 908 painted by Anthony, and one painted by MR Customs. But thats my favorite one.

Attachments

• AJ1.jpg
    AJ1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 11
  • AJ2.jpg
    AJ2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 10
  • AJ3.jpg
    AJ3.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
PB is 130. That was on 4s and wasn't pushing the car very hard. Its geared for roughly 215mph on 8s at full throttle, not really wanting to re-gear the car until I start hitting limits with it. Goal for the car is 200 without having to heat and overcharge. Not sure if it'll get there... The driveline was a fun idea at the time. I think I explain the why behind it in the other thread, but the short version is that I was trying to solve for the problem Raz was having frying 1721 2400kvs in a dual car at very high speed. So I designed this offset motor setup with the differential connecting them. Theory behind it was that it would give the motors the ability breathe on their own and hopefully not dictate timing to the second motor causing stuff to melt. I built this when that 1721 2400kv motor was the best Castle had. If I were doing it over I'd just do a dual 2028 1700 the standard way. But I'm commited to seeing where this car can get to before I make any major changes like different motors.

The one in the middle is the display piece. Just need to get the spoiler finished. Anyone that bought one of these with the aero pieces can attest that what they included was unusable. You can see it has verticals on it, but I'm not done with the horizontal. I'm probably going to abondon these and design some that look like the original rendering they showed of the 908. These bodies were all painted by Anthony Jagielski. Same very talented guy that painted some of Raz's bodies. I've got another 908 painted by Anthony, and one painted by MR Customs. But thats my favorite one.
Awesome, man. I love those Performance Limited bodies. I think they’re the best looking bodies out there, and I wish you didn’t have to mortgage your house to buy one. Otherwise that’s what my Lim would be wearing right now.

Back