Limitless First wreck in a while

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I went out this morning and made half of a pass and loss traction and wrecked on the first run,probably hit something on the road. How many of you had such luck.
20200822_101411.jpg

Ouch! Always sucks when it's the first run of the day. Sometimes the gods require a sacrifice!

Ouch! Always sucks when it's the first run of the day. Sometimes the gods require a sacrifice!
Yes, they do, I would have been worse if I didn't make the supports for the wing

When I went to fix the damage today and took a closer look I noticed that it actually bent the top brace/esc mount. I guess I hit a little harder than I thought.

Yeah I’ve had a run of bad luck on roads lately. Hope your luck turns for the better ??

Wow, that sucks, hate when I see vids of these beautiful rigs go airborne, especially at speed.

I went out this morning and made half of a pass and loss traction and wrecked on the first run,probably hit something on the road. How many of you had such luck. View attachment 95757
Almost crashed today... lucked out and reeled it back in.. but it was a close one..

I kept thinking oh no, it’s gonna tumble... but I got it back..

Yeah, the road is an awesome road but is a little dusty at times and the foams don't like it.
I'm kind of interested in getting a speed run rig, but stuff like this makes me think twice. Looking to get either Infraction or Felony but haven't made up my mind yet, anyway hope you get her back together, sort things out and have better luck. I think the Limitless is a beautiful car, may be the best looking Arrma.

Almost crashed today... lucked out and reeled it back in.. but it was a close one..

I kept thinking oh no, it’s gonna tumble... but I got it back..
It looks like a good road you are on, how fast is it

I'm kind of interested in getting a speed run rig, but stuff like this makes me think twice. Looking to get either Infraction or Felony but haven't made up my mind yet, anyway hope you get her back together, sort things out and have better luck. I think the Limitless is a beautiful car, may be the best looking Arrma.
My video was literally my 1st run on this new setup. I completely swapped out my electronics. So I was still learning my new rx/tx + esc + new gearing.

when I had the “infraction” setup in there is was awesome. I also didn’t have a gyro on my first setup and it was still straight as an arrow.

after I dial in the new gearing and tune the esc and avc correctly this new setup should be premium.

One thing about the limitless.... even if you wipe out really really bad. Your only gonna be paying 399 to replace the roller. Your electronics should still be good ??

don’t be hesitant.. speed cars are awesome.. and if you have a space big enough to let em stretch out it’s quite the adrenaline rush..

As for infraction vs felony... what sold it on infraction for me was, handbrake and all 4 wheels the same size. Also no difference in front and rear diffs .. that felony is mighty sexy... I really like the infraction too.. but what sold it was the wheels and diffs.

Its part of it,you just make it stronger so that it can handle a crash at high speed, i ran it again last night and will take it out this morning.
My video was literally my 1st run on this new setup. I completely swapped out my electronics. So I was still learning my new rx/tx + esc + new gearing.

when I had the “infraction” setup in there is was awesome. I also didn’t have a gyro on my first setup and it was still straight as an arrow.

after I dial in the new gearing and tune the esc and avc correctly this new setup should be premium.

One thing about the limitless.... even if you wipe out really really bad. Your only gonna be paying 399 to replace the roller. Your electronics should still be good ??

don’t be hesitant.. speed cars are awesome.. and if you have a space big enough to let em stretch out it’s quite the adrenaline rush..

As for infraction vs felony... what sold it on infraction for me was, handbrake and all 4 wheels the same size. Also no difference in front and rear diffs .. that felony is mighty sexy... I really like the infraction too.. but what sold it was the wheels and diffs.
That's cool, let me know when you get it dialed in,I built my car really strong, aluminum upgrades and what I didn't buy,I made,I've probably wrecked it at least 15 times since new and fixed it every time. Usually doesn't cost a whole lot but one time a adapter hub i had for a larger pinion came loose and slid forward and locked against the plastic ecs mount causing it to go sideways right into my vehicle at 90 mph and disingrated the back end from the front tire,that cost me 200.

Last edited:

Thanks for your thoughts, never had many road cars but definitely love speed, so I get the adrenaline thing. I was always leaning towards the Infraction over the Felony for the reasons you stated above, same size tires and diffs, the ability to rotate tires front to back to even the ware, handbrake a bone throw in, even though I don't know if that's relevant.

Thanks for your thoughts, never had many road cars but definitely love speed, so I get the adrenaline thing. I was always leaning towards the Infraction over the Felony for the reasons you stated above, same size tires and diffs, the ability to rotate tires front to back to even the ware, handbrake a bone throw in, even though I don't know if that's relevant.
Yeah, the 1/7 scale cars and trucks are set up really well so any mods just make it that much better. I started speed runs back in December with a typhon that went really fast and when I switched to the limitless I put on a smaller esc and ran just as fast with a car that wieghs 2 1/2 lbs more,so I love my limitless, and built another out of parts to try drag racing with.

My feelings exactly about the hand brake... if anything it’ll be just for a laugh... but I do think it’ll help transition into good slides. Looking forward to testing it out!

My feelings exactly about the hand brake... if anything it’ll be just for a laugh... but I do think it’ll help transition into good slides. Looking forward to testing it out!
Already heard of some ppl taking it off.

It happened again, i wrecked for the 4th time in 2 weeks,but I will have it fixed in a couple hours. Its losing signal for some reasons at 2/3rd of the run and always to the left, never had the problem before, I guess I need to check the antenna and such. Anyone else have such luck.

I’m having similar issues with not going straight. I am tearing mine down to the chassis to rebuild it from the ground up. Also replacing what seems to be a good servo. Also swapping to a V3 servo saver just in case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back