Typhon Flying with 6s packs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NastyNate

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Holiday season is coming and I want to bring the typhon along.

Birmingham to Phoenix if it matters.

It's a manageable vehicle to stuff in a larger suitcase with the charger, accessories, ect.

However, it seems that 120wh is the largest allowed on carry on for what I've seen so far. Im running Gens 45c 5000 mah 6s packs.

Anyone have good or bad experiences at the airport?

Looking for feedback positive and negative.

Attachments

• 15723220965087898503094444695291.jpg
    15723220965087898503094444695291.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 69
Dang you're so close to the watt hour lmit. Have any 4500mah 6s packs or 5000+mAh 3s packs? I've taken 1300mah 6s packs for my drone in large quantities (I think 11 batteries) as a carry on before without issues I just put each one in a sandwich Ziploc bag and put electrical tape over the terminals. In theory you can get authorization from an airline up to I believe 160wh for "professional equipment" so your could call their customer service ahead of time and say you're bringing a professional RC car for racing and need the batteries. They probably would then email you a letter to print out since your below that limit.

Same Question. Flying with mine over the festive season.
British Airways: Allowed on Carry On:

" Lithium ion batteries, with a Watt-hour rating exceeding 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh for consumer electronic devices. No more than two spare batteries may be carried in carry-on baggage only. These batteries must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. Equipment containing such batteries may be in checked or carry-on baggage. "

Formula: Wh = mAh × V / 1000

I plan on just taking my fireproof charging bag too to but them in, just in case.

Any issues experienced by others with either the batteries or car on a flight ?

Last edited:
A maximum of two (2) individually protected spare lithium ion batteries with a rating of 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh may be carried per passenger in carry-on baggage only*, pending approval by Air Canada airport agents.

Anyone have any experience with the flying an 1/8 scale RC car ( either checked or carry-on) ?

I’ve flown with my Mavic Pro before with a lot of camera and sound equipment. All told, I had way more lithium batteries than I was “allowed” to carry, but was never confronted about it. This was a flight from Ohio to the Dominican Republic, with a stop in Charlotte NC. I had everything in a backpack and separated in clear bags. I also have TSA Pre-Check so I don’t have to unload everything on the belt. I swear my bags go thru faster than people with just clothing. I’m astonished how quickly they scan a bag full of electronics. I usually have my iPhone, iPad, laptop, Bluetooth speaker, headphones, assorted charging cables too. Just toss the bag in a bin and slide it thru the scanner. Never a pause. I usually only ever wait for other people’s bags ahead of me. I do usually check my clothing due to my GF needing to pack enough for a whole month, even tho we are going on a weekend trip. That 50lb limit has been exceeded a few times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back