Vorteks Vorteks swings right after installing new servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase01

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I’ve just installed a new servo on my vorteks and I’m finding the car is now pulling to the right. If I have the AVC turned completely down, it’s not too bad with only a slight drift right but when the AVC is up, it’ll go straight for a second then pull hard to the right and stays that way unless I re-steer it.

AVC midway, it’ll drive straight for a couple of seconds then swing right. If I sit the car off the ground and throttle, I don’t notice an obvious turning of the wheels. Seems to be only when it’s making contact with the ground.

Sorry if the question is very basic, it’s my first RC car (and loving it)

Any thoughts?

Hey Everyone, I’ve just installed a new servo on my vorteks and I’m finding the car is now pulling to the right. If I have the AVC turned completely down, it’s not too bad with only a slight drift right but when the AVC is up, it’ll go straight for a second then pull hard to the right and stays that way unless I re-steer it.

AVC midway, it’ll drive straight for a couple of seconds then swing right. If I sit the car off the ground and throttle, I don’t notice an obvious turning of the wheels. Seems to be only when it’s making contact with the ground.

Sorry if the question is very basic, it’s my first RC car (and loving it)

Any thoughts?
are your steering trims set to the middle. did you turn the car on and centre the steering trim on your handset before you put the servo arm on

are your steering trims set to the middle. did you turn the car on and centre the steering trim on your handset before you put the servo arm on
Yes, all centered and checked a second time to be safe
You also need to recalibrate AVC.

Recalibrated twice and no luck. Reset the transmitter to factory settings and still AVC pulls a hard right when trying to go straight

Yes, all centered and checked a second time to be safe

Recalibrated twice and no luck. Reset the transmitter to factory settings and still AVC pulls a hard right when trying to go straight
I've had servos do that in the past and the servo was broken. didn't think this was the case with yours because its new

Back