Found 40mm fan screen grill for esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks more like a filter ! If you try them , let us know how well they work . Looks pretty restrictive to me 🤔

UK stock? Shipping will take a bit time. Not sure how they work on grass, they are dust filtering and will probably clog quickly. Worth a try if you can deal with shipping cost.

You can also check out aliexpress. Type in "40mm mesh fan cover" and you'll get a bunch similar and alternate options.

The only issue I have with mesh or screens is that they will clog, especially when driving over grass. You'd need to slow down the air velocity at the fan inlet to avoid capturing debris and clogging. You could potentially lower fan CFM to decrease capture, but that's not desirable as it would lowering cooling. In contrast, you might be able to increase surface area at the opening. Flaring out to 80mm diameter from the fan inlet and run one of those fine mesh screens would be an interesting idea.

Oh cool thanks! 5th castle fan thats broke. Down hill that company has gone. Nothing stuck. I used RTV and screen door screen to make a nice one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back