New powerhobby esc fan won’t work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Dylan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Hello all, my MMX8S esc fan broke so I bought a powerhobby fan
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3737405023...83H9qcDS6-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I soldered new fan to castle fan connector to connect straight to esc. Fan has never turned on. Can this esc not support the fan? Do I have to connect fan to receiver? Thanks for any help.

IMG_3549.jpeg

Last edited:
Castle fans only come on once the ESC reaches a certain temperature so if you wired it directly to the ESC like the factory fan that might explain why it doesn't cut on. The fan might work...you probably have to run the car and see if the fan comes on once you heat up a bit. If not then connect it to the receiver or add a small lipo and connect it to that.

Castle fans only come on once the ESC reaches a certain temperature
They still run for a few seconds at every startup to show they are working properly.

@Lil Dylan I remember running into the same problem with an MMX8S long ago, and everything worked after I swapped the positive and negative. It seemed wrong but it fixed the problem. Might be worth a shot if nothing else works.

I ran the car out front for a good 10 minutes and pulled the body and the fan still wasn't running. It's pretty cool out, but I would have expected to see it on. I'll reverse the polarity and see of that works.

I ran the car out front for a good 10 minutes and pulled the body and the fan still wasn't running. It's pretty cool out, but I would have expected to see it on. I'll reverse the polarity and see of that works.
Does the fan spin when you first power on the ESC?

Well poop, just shined a light in there and turned on the car and the fan actually turns on. Whoops, sorry folks and thanks for the help….

You just need to Bash Harder!
🍺

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back