Kraton Kraton 6s exb lower hinge pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreatWhiteDope

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all, brand new here brand new to the hobby. Only been at it for about 2 months now, but am heavily addicted and invested!
Ive got a Kraton 6s exb, Fireteam 6s and a Granite blx.

So on my kraton I’ve had a few good wrecks and have changed out all sorts of parts. But one part in particular I have had to replace many times. I have broke (snapped in pieces, bent etc) lower hinge pins atleast 10+
I’m purely wondering if this is common or semi-common?
If anyone has some ideas on some really strong ones? Like titanium maybe?

IMG_1606.jpeg

Probably those RPM arms. Also make sure your hinge pin braces aren’t ovalled out, that will cause it too.

Probably those RPM arms. Also make sure your hinge pin braces aren’t ovalled out, that will cause it too.
I’ve gone through many an arms so far, finally switched it up to the RPM ones.
I did have a wreck last week, and the ends of the arms where the pin goes in is a bit stretched out.
Should I consider that as good as busted?

I’ve gone through many an arms so far, finally switched it up to the RPM ones.
I did have a wreck last week, and the ends of the arms where the pin goes in is a bit stretched out.
Should I consider that as good as busted?
Check out McMaster steel you can buy industrial pins or rods and cut them to size they have several choices of metal carbon steel and tool grade steel

Check out McMaster steel you can buy industrial pins or rods and cut them to size they have several choices of metal carbon steel and tool grade steel
I also look to century springs for higher spring rate shock springs for heavy mods that helps my fireteam got some 12lb spring rate vs the stock 9 lb spring rate that helps on the pins if you like big air or your rig has heavy upgrades

Thanks for that! I went ahead and got the M2C front hinge pin retainer kit. So far so good!
Have you ever heard of adu racing they make some very nice peices and are less expensive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_190428_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_190428_eBay.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 19
I also look to century springs for higher spring rate shock springs for heavy mods that helps my fireteam got some 12lb spring rate vs the stock 9 lb spring rate that helps on the pins if you like big air or your rig has heavy upgrades

Have you ever heard of adu racing they make some very nice peices and are less expensive
Nice! The springs I’ll definitely have to check out. My Kraton weighs a ton it seems, and the stock springs just don’t seem to cut it.
And i haven’t ever heard of Adu racing before. I’ll definitely check them out tho, still many mods to do to my Kraton and Fireteam

Nice! The springs I’ll definitely have to check out. My Kraton weighs a ton it seems, and the stock springs just don’t seem to cut it.
And i haven’t ever heard of Adu racing before. I’ll definitely check them out tho, still many mods to do to my Kraton and Fireteam
Ebay or aliexpress on the adu and I got the century spring idea from east tactics he did a video on the exact springs to use from 12 to 18 lb spring rate

Oh right right I actually just watched a video of his last week on those, completely forgot
I like his videos

I like his videos
Gpm also makes a dual rate spring that's rather beefy 5mm shaft but I use those for big air can be a tad bouncy rolling on fast small bumps but excellent for big air

I like his videos

Gpm also makes a dual rate spring that's rather beefy 5mm shaft but I use those for big air can be a tad bouncy rolling on fast small bumps but excellent for big air
Oh right right I actually just watched a video of his last week on those, completely forgot
https://www.facebook.com/colorado.corally.and.arrma.hybrids?mibextid=ZbWKwL

I like his videos

https://www.facebook.com/colorado.corally.and.arrma.hybrids?mibextid=ZbWKwL
That link is my build site

Attachments

• 17102483273552158089987655696515.jpg
    17102483273552158089987655696515.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back