Kraton Full Bash Video Has Been Posted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome video as always. Glad that the K8S is getting you back to making videos. Man does that thing eat your grass ?? Glad to see the Max5 woke it up too. I’ve got my popcorn ? ready for Bethel!!!! Wondering how close it comes to clearing that wire. My guess is the added weight and size allow a faster run up and it either clears it or knocks down the telephone pole ????????

Ed out of curiosity, what was the temp outside when you made the video? Wondering if that had anything to do with the plastic breaks.
He said high 30’s to low 40’s in the video.

Wow. That was BRUTAL. I really appreciate this kind of stuff. Thanks.

Awesome video as always. Glad that the K8S is getting you back to making videos. Man does that thing eat your grass ?? Glad to see the Max5 woke it up too. I’ve got my popcorn ? ready for Bethel!!!! Wondering how close it comes to clearing that wire. My guess is the added weight and size allow a faster run up and it either clears it or knocks down the telephone pole ????????
I won't try to jump the wire. No way. It would never clear it and I certainly don't want to take down power lines ?
Ed out of curiosity, what was the temp outside when you made the video? Wondering if that had anything to do with the plastic breaks.
It was high 30's to low 40's. It seems the only one that has had an issue with them so far so either bad batch of ends or it was the temps. The Losi ends were fine ???

Whilst the truck broke, the video had a very professional and personal feel to it, i really enjoyed it (less the breakages). I've now subscribed.

I have one of these and only run it twice. I was initially ever so slightly disappointed in it, then i hear people messing with the timing, turning AVC off and putting a bigger pinion in and i thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Now after watching your video, where i don't think you beat on it too much, we start to see problems with rods ends etc..... Stone strike aside, the bent chassis is more than a little disappointing. Do you think that was from jumping or hitting the tree?

Anyway, great video, looking forward to more.

I would guess the tree bent the chassis, all 3 bent chassis vids I have seen had sudden stops, talbot had the lawn dart into tarmac and the over jump into the next ramp, RC DUDE had the rock pile, and Ed's tree.

Hopefully that's the theme,it would be surprising if the normal bashing bent it, Arrma had to have tested it some I would hope.

But if it takes a couple hundred to make this monster be solid, then so be it, I'm still buying!!

I think the center brace would be better if it attached vertically to the center diff to prevent flexing, thus allowing chassis bend. If it was anchored in middle so it couldn't flex, then it may keep chassis from bending, but that force may just get transferred to the brace ends or towers etc. I'm going to try and 3d print something that attaches to the center body tower and would hold from flexing as much, once I get mine.

Whilst the truck broke, the video had a very professional and personal feel to it, i really enjoyed it (less the breakages). I've now subscribed.

I have one of these and only run it twice. I was initially ever so slightly disappointed in it, then i hear people messing with the timing, turning AVC off and putting a bigger pinion in and i thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Now after watching your video, where i don't think you beat on it too much, we start to see problems with rods ends etc..... Stone strike aside, the bent chassis is more than a little disappointing. Do you think that was from jumping or hitting the tree?

Anyway, great video, looking forward to more.
I believe the slight bow in the chassis and bent center brace came from the tree strike. The stone is what bent the side up near the front.

Great vid brother. Do all 3 braces have those plastic ends to mount them up? How do those aluminum tubes compared to the front/rear braces we use on the 6s rigs?
Yes. They all have plastic ends. The two angled short tube braces seem very rigid. This long Center one not so much ?

I believe the slight bow in the chassis and bent center brace came from the tree strike. The stone is what bent the side up near the front.

So I had a video pop up on my FB feed last night. It was a heavy duty center brace for the Kraton 8s. It used the same clips and didn’t require any modification. Unfortunately I only liked the page but did not save it. Went back in this morning and I can’t find it now. It wasn’t from any company I recognized such as Voltage, M2C, JBIT,etc....If it pops up again I will save it and share on this feed.

So I had a video pop up on my FB feed last night. It was a heavy duty center brace for the Kraton 8s. It used the same clips and didn’t require any modification. Unfortunately I only liked the page but did not save it. Went back in this morning and I can’t find it now. It wasn’t from any company I recognized such as Voltage, M2C, JBIT,etc....If it pops up again I will save it and share on this feed.
This one:

https://afrolucha.com/

@bicketybam, IMO, "split" rod ends are due to ambient weather. I "split" or cracked my K6S rod ends down the middle all the time when ambients are below 40F. Hopefully the droop was adequate to prevent shock over extension. When ambients are closer to 60F and above that should not be an issue from my exper. Tekno Rod ends was the answer for the K6S. The Rod end issue is actually a non issue. IMO. The bumper... Is a bumper. They break. Justifyably so on that stump. Also a non-issue. Chassis was just a combo of user error and 6061 stamped alloy doing its best. Chassis slap is inevitable. Not user error as one comment stated. Everyone likes to focus on the bad. No one talks about how the drive train, shock towers, and other components are flawless. Issues are few if you ask me. And easily addressable.
Great video. You put a lot of effort into it. And I never expected anything less. Thanx.(y):)?

I think that Afrolucha brace would bend too, what you need is something that will flex but spring back, carbon fibre would work the best I think...?

IMG_3247.jpeg

Back on track... @bicketybam Sick vid as usual..????, oh that laugh at the beginning ?? shame about the breakages but in those low temps and your insane driving style, ? happens..?
All the previous vids of the 8s I've seen I was a bit let down by it even @RC DUDE81 @Rich Duperbash @Aussie RC Playground vids I wasn't really impressed but now your vid has shown me the real potential of the beast..!!! It will be hard not to buy one for Xmas..?
Bash on..?

I feel the correct grade Titanium would also be an option. TI. also has spring memory characteristics yet better tensile strength than CF.

I think that Afrolucha brace would bend too, what you need is something that will flex but spring back, carbon fibre would work the best I think...?

View attachment 55079

Back on track... @bicketybam Sick vid as usual..????, oh that laugh at the beginning ?? shame about the breakages but in those low temps and your insane driving style, ? happens..?
All the previous vids of the 8s I've seen I was a bit let down by it even @RC DUDE81 @Rich Duperbash @Aussie RC Playground vids I wasn't really impressed but now your vid has shown me the real potential of the beast..!!! It will be hard not to buy one for Xmas..?
Bash on..?
In my defense, I ran the truck "box stock" and hadn't even driven it prior to doing the video, so it was just as underwhelming for me as it was for you. ?
Just a correction for my video. This dude seems to know what that cut out is really for. I think we can take his word for it ?

View attachment 55095
I showed this in my Unboxing video and explained what it was for. Just FYI. ?

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_005148.jpg
    IMG_20191115_005148.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20191115_005210.jpg
    IMG_20191115_005210.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

View attachment 55079

Bash on..?

To be fair, those guys were doing reviews of the truck so that people can see what its out of the box performance is. And thanks to guys like Vas @Aussie RC Playground I knew that I wanted more speed so I immediately geared it up and changed ESC's. Those guys saved me from a failed backflip that would have landed on the roof ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back