Fully charged 6200 mah battery ran for 10 minutes before lvc occured. Resolved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam1234

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My arrma granite 4x4 blx which is completely stock and has only been used 5 times has began having problems. It once ran for 1 hour 10 mins yet now the car goes into lvc mode after just 10-20 mins. I have tried changing the battery but it did nothing...... I will do research into lipo safety etc. and thank you to everyone for helping me out.

Last edited:
What battery brand do you have. Downside on buying cheap batteries. They don't last after multiple charges. Also overcharging and overdischarge will lower the lifespan of lipo batteries. Check the battery voltage. It could also motor/esc going bad. Check motor bearings. Its probably bad and using more amps to run. Causing shorter run times.

Are you running in the cold? Does the battery balance out perfectly? Did you check the whole system for a possible short somewhere? Did you set your charger back to charge instead of storage?
my battery is not run in the cold. Not sure what a battery balance is. cannot see a short. Have never activated storage mode and don't know how to either.
What battery brand do you have. Downside on buying cheap batteries. They don't last after multiple charges. Also overcharging and overdischarge will lower the lifespan of lipo batteries. Check the battery voltage. It could also motor/esc going bad. Check motor bearings. Its probably bad and using more amps to run. Causing shorter run times.
I bought 2 Youme 6200 mah 50c 3s lipo batteries. Are they any good

my battery is not run in the cold. Not sure what a battery balance is. cannot see a short. Have never activated storage mode and don't know how to either.

I bought 2 Youme 6200 mah 50c 3s lipo batteries. Are they any good

You have charge leads and you have a balance lead on your battery. Does your charger show you what each cell is balancing at? Did you change your charger back to CHARGE from Storage? It might be in a different form of charge rate too.

You have charge leads and you have a balance lead on your battery. Does your charger show you what each cell is balancing at? Did you change your charger back to CHARGE from Storage? It might be in a different form of charge rate too.
Here is an image of my battery charging and an image of my granite. Can you spot any issues
1615741038411.png
1615741016257.png

Here is an image of my battery charging and an image of my granite. Can you spot any issues
If you cant spot the issue here.......it's time to go to lipo 101 school.
Don't burn your house down.

We're not trying to be mean here, but you are risking burning things to the ground. As others have said, get yourself a better lipo charger, like the HTRC single charger on amazon. Also, that adapter could be an issue as well. I was running some short ones and they basically melted and the solder came undone. I will be soldering EC5's onto my deans batteries lol

So one issue is those are cheap packs and I'd guess the 6200mAh is actually only about 4000mAh, I have same issue with some 6500mAh 6s packs they only charge to maybe 4200mAh. Also that charger is very cheap and isn't going to balance out all cells correctly, I'd guess as soon as one hits 4.2v it stops instead of balancing all cells to 4.2v. definitely do some studying up on lipo charging and storage as they are nothing to take for granted and can be extremely dangerous when not charged and stored properly.

We're not trying to be mean here, but you are risking burning things to the ground. As others have said, get yourself a better lipo charger, like the HTRC single charger on amazon. Also, that adapter could be an issue as well. I was running some short ones and they basically melted and the solder came undone. I will be soldering EC5's onto my deans batteries lol
Ok. Thanks for the advice
So one issue is those are cheap packs and I'd guess the 6200mAh is actually only about 4000mAh, I have same issue with some 6500mAh 6s packs they only charge to maybe 4200mAh. Also that charger is very cheap and isn't going to balance out all cells correctly, I'd guess as soon as one hits 4.2v it stops instead of balancing all cells to 4.2v. definitely do some studying up on lipo charging and storage as they are nothing to take for granted and can be extremely dangerous when not charged and stored properly.
Thanks for the advice

i have a cheap charger kinda like that one. it does balance very well to 4.2 every time both cell's i only run 2s

I would also be a LITTLE worried about your light wiring getting caught in the center driveshaft lol Could do some damage.....maybe figure a way to reroute the wiring and get it strapped

Not sure if it has been said but adapters are not good to run on the car. They wear out quick and the connection goes bad. They are ok to use for charging.

Not sure if it has been said but adapters are not good to run on the car. They wear out quick and the connection goes bad. They are ok to use for charging.
This. Mine finally took a dump after about 5 runs on each adapter (2)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back