General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup it looks like an exact copy of the speed master strut, hopefully it will work as well

When do you run at Hansen damn? Let’s meet up and run some boats.. The hull is made by MTC in Vietnam, one of my friends had this one and I bought it from him. I don’t think you can buy these in the US

Yup you can take turns at full throttle or very close to it.. This is the most stable FE hull I’ve ever driven
Let's meet up! My brother and I usually go on Monday and Wednesday a little after 3pm. Sometimes we meet Saturday around 8:30 for an hour run or so.

Let's meet up! My brother and I usually go on Monday and Wednesday a little after 3pm. Sometimes we meet Saturday around 8:30 for an hour run or so.
Saturday mornings sounds good to me, our boating club runs there every other Saturday from around 9 to 12.. We will be there this Saturday come along and run with us, all are welcome. Here's a quick video from last week:

Last edited:
Ok thats great, we should be there from around 9 to 12 come on by..
Cool. I should be there around 9. My name is Patrick btw. I was at the dam today with my bro, very nice conditions this morning. I did lose a prop and flex cable out of the mystic. Only the second run with this boat.

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Sounds good but the weather report says a 70% chance of rain on Saturday.. Usually no one shows up in rain, I’ll keep an eye on the weather

Sounds good but the weather report says a 70% chance of rain on Saturday.. Usually no one shows up in rain, I’ll keep an eye on the weather
Sounds good. The rain doesn’t bother me as much as the wind. At least our rain. It’s usually so brief.

Beautiful area. Are you near a big lake good for speedruns?
This one in the neighborhood is not ideal for high speeds.

There is a park that allows RC boats and kayaks that is great for speed runs about 20 mins away.

Screenshot_2024-01-01-08-27-58-37_4937eb900e197f95da98f502ddfb10e1.jpg

I was looking at the zipkits website today and noticed they may have accidentally shown a new product is coming soon.

The R4 is narrow and ideally made for 4cell use. The FE33 is a good 4 cell boat and can sometimes squeeze in compact 6s or 8s setups but its tight.
Soon to come is the R6: (notice how wide the motor plate is ;)

1707756037639.png

I thought I’d show this. An XlX2 converted to boat use with this aluminum cooling plate made by someone I know.. unfortunately they made a few of these plates only for their own use with no plans for more, I was lucky to get this one.. It turned out pretty great looking I think, it’s almost a mirror finish. The plate works the same way that the Stumpfab conversions do, but with more room internally and larger water channels, and no need for a 3d printed cover as the plate itself attaches to the ESC with the stock screw holes. It’s thicker than the stock cover so longer screws are needed. Also the plate is made up of two pieces, another plate with the channels milled into it screws into this top plate to form the complete assembly. I didn’t get a picture of the interior water channels before I installed them but they were larger than the Stumpfab channels so this should circulate more water over the ESC in general.. I don’t know for sure if it will work any better but it sure looks better I think

7324D6A2-DA61-40A3-90C7-A8D51564B406.jpeg

B1B5386C-7DE6-4F07-A4E3-7362A9277B82.jpeg

Nice looking, never had thermal issues with mine using Stumpfab, you won't have issues either.
Actually ran mine without any cooling for a while with no major issues.

I thought I’d show this. An XlX2 converted to boat use with this aluminum cooling plate made by someone I know.. unfortunately they made a few of these plates only for their own use with no plans for more, I was lucky to get this one.. It turned out pretty great looking I think, it’s almost a mirror finish. The plate works the same way that the Stumpfab conversions do, but with more room internally and larger water channels, and no need for a 3d printed cover as the plate itself attaches to the ESC with the stock screw holes. It’s thicker than the stock cover so longer screws are needed. Also the plate is made up of two pieces, another plate with the channels milled into it screws into this top plate to form the complete assembly. I didn’t get a picture of the interior water channels before I installed them but they were larger than the Stumpfab channels so this should circulate more water over the ESC in general.. I don’t know for sure if it will work any better but it sure looks better I think

View attachment 349250

View attachment 349251
Looks amazing but maybe slip some heat shrink over the bullets so they can't arc to the metal close by.

Back