General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll post a few more. It actually worked!

Last edited:
Always amazes me that all the whirling noise of an FE boat is the prop against water sound.
In Nitro or Gas boats all you hear is the scream of the expansion chamber exhaust which drowns out any prop noise.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO IDEA .... just how FAST these FE outriggers can go .. how about North of 200 MPH !!!
SEE: Those Germans !!!

The FAST run at about 1:40 in video

Last edited:
Hit 52 with a 6s brick today. And I don’t even have it set up yet. This is so fkin fun

IMG_4198.png

IMG_4222.jpeg

IMG_4220.jpeg

Glad you are enjoying it.
I really like boats!

I'd recommend giving yourself more space from the shore. Accidents happen and those plastic hulls often can't be repaired.
I friggin love the boat my friend. I’m looking forward to your fantastic gifts! Thanks again. I’m completely hooked.

I friggin love the boat my friend. I’m looking forward to your fantastic gifts! Thanks again. I’m completely hooked.
The casting on the octura x6 is really great. The blades are so thin...
No wonder the x6 is my fastest mono prop.

Just keep it away from the shore or it will get damaged.

IMG_20240511_224054.jpg

I worked both props tonight for about 2 hrs. I don't claim to be a pro at prop work but these should run good.

As a reminder public service announcement these props have beryllium in them so if you sand or file them wear gloves and a mask and clean up well after. Beryllium is supposed to be really toxic like at the level of asbestos.

I finally got out to the “speedrun” lake today after three months. I got in a few back to back runs on the Animal cat and it got up to 110mph with no flips or crashes thankfully.
This was the first time I ran it with inward rotating props, and it was 4mph faster than with outward rotating props. Video link and log screenshots below. The logs look good and almost identical, I’m pretty happy with the efficiency of this boat. However, one motor was almost 30 degrees warmer so I’m wondering why.. I didn’t check to see if one stuffing tube was hotter than the other right after the run, so maybe one shaft is touching inside the tube heating it up, maybe? I’ll have to figure that one out

7BDA8B09-D873-48F4-A57A-4D2776B24D10.jpeg

280BA751-9564-4053-80E0-78CA231567FF.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally got out to the “speedrun” lake today after three months. I got in a few back to back runs on the Animal cat and it got up to 110mph with no flips or crashes thankfully.
This was the first time I ran it with inward rotating props, and it was 4mph faster than with outward rotating props. Video link and log screenshots below. The logs look good and almost identical, I’m pretty happy with the efficiency of this boat. However, one motor was almost 30 degrees warmer so I’m wondering why.. I didn’t check to see if one stuffing tube was hotter than the other right after the run, so maybe one shaft is touching inside the tube heating it up, maybe? I’ll have to figure that one out

View attachment 366110

View attachment 366111
congrats , watched when posted ( subd) my pb 95 mid size zonda. ( 1122 twin hobbywing 180s Tp power 4060 on 5s ) can not find high mah batterys to fit in the hull

View attachment 366110

View attachment 366111
Simply amazing and neither ESC is working hard yet. Potential is there to go much faster but probably needs a wing to keep it from flipping...

congrats , watched when posted ( subd) my pb 95 mid size zonda. ( 1122 twin hobbywing 180s Tp power 4060 on 5s ) can not find high mah batterys to fit in the hull
Thanks. I know what you mean, it’s tough to fit bigger batteries in the Zonda, the body needs to be trimmed around the hatch area. I did manage to fit the smaller SMC SRD 5300 packs in, but it was tight

Simply amazing and neither ESC is working hard yet. Potential is there to go much faster but probably needs a wing to keep it from flipping...
I feel like It has more speed in it for sure. I’ve been running it a little wet with the batteries forward to avoid flipping during the runs and so far it’s worked, both on this boat and the Zonda.. I mark where the batteries are, next time out I’ll move them back a little and see if I get more speed. Trading stability for speed can be a nerve wracking game to play though as we all know.
I’ve seen a few pictures of RC Cats with wings posted up before, it’s a great idea and I think it would work perfectly.

Last edited:
Time to build a set up board which allows more precise adjusting of strut depth and angle.
At speed a 1/2 degree of strut angle matters as does a change in depth of 1/16"

So I’m learning a few things. First is running a single 6s battery in my Sonicwake is not ideal. I have broken two of the plastic clips where you loop the battery straps thru. (I’ll get to that point in a sec). I nosedived it catching some air and it not only pulled the battery out of the connector it also smashed the styrofoam in the front.

I watched a sonic wake video and the guy said that I need a thin plate of thin hard plastic (he 3D printed it) or something for the battery’s to sit on and not break those clips. When my 3S batteries come in? I’ll Velcro the crap out of them and mature they are secure. My 6s bricks can’t get 3 straps around it but the sheer weight broke my clips and my driving smashed my styrofoam. I’m sure a forum member would be happy to make this plate and I’ll pay for it. I have to get the specs.

Has anyone else done this with them being new and does anyone else have a sonic wake With a battery plate. And if not? I’ll get the measurements and reach out to the 3D printer thread. I’m not cutting shiz! lol. But I am an addict so I’m going boating right now. Puff those Zee’s a little bit!

image.jpg

image.jpg

@Tex Koder that battery tray seems right up your alley! The way you guys pull exact specs. Look at a 3D model then fit it exactly. I’ll see if anyone is up for that. It’s just a rectangle of a size that I will find! I’ll post the link in the 3D printing thread. 🤔 Of the guy who posted it

@Tex Koder that battery tray seems right up your alley! The way you guys pull exact specs. Look at a 3D model then fit it exactly. I’ll see if anyone is up for that. It’s just a rectangle of a size that I will find! I’ll post the link in the 3D printing thread. 🤔 Of the guy who posted it

You called..?
Dc Comics Batman GIF

Give me some clear, close-up shots of the area that you need a heavy duty plate
or new custom Lipo tray
and some ruler measurements (in mm) and I'll see what can be done. 👍

So I’m learning a few things. First is running a single 6s battery in my Sonicwake is not ideal. I have broken two of the plastic clips where you loop the battery straps thru. (I’ll get to that point in a sec). I nosedived it catching some air and it not only pulled the battery out of the connector it also smashed the styrofoam in the front.

I watched a sonic wake video and the guy said that I need a thin plate of thin hard plastic (he 3D printed it) or something for the battery’s to sit on and not break those clips. When my 3S batteries come in? I’ll Velcro the crap out of them and mature they are secure. My 6s bricks can’t get 3 straps around it but the sheer weight broke my clips and my driving smashed my styrofoam. I’m sure a forum member would be happy to make this plate and I’ll pay for it. I have to get the specs.

Has anyone else done this with them being new and does anyone else have a sonic wake With a battery plate. And if not? I’ll get the measurements and reach out to the 3D printer thread. I’m not cutting shiz! lol. But I am an addict so I’m going boating right now. Puff those Zee’s a little bit!

View attachment 366496

View attachment 366497

I think the other thing is making a determination of when the water is too rough for 6s speeds. I have an app called windy.com and check wind speeds before I bother to charge up LiPos.

If you boat is flying through the air / jumping the waves that is typically a bad thing for a boat going 50+ mph.

Probably ok to do some of that at slower 20-40 mph speeds on 4s.

Last edited:
Back