Granite General radio help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ailwynj

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all,

Taken delivery of my Granite and had ordered a GT5 trans and receiver to come with it, swapping out the STX2 straight away out of the box.

I have set the neutral/full throttle and full brake as per the manual. ESC settings are out of the box...

I am finding that if the vehicle is stationery and I go full throttle it pauses just a split second, starts to move, then gets full power.
Is this normal? Can't see how it would do a wheelie from a standing start etc... does it need a couple of packs running through it first etc??

I have a couple of 1/18 Maverick IONs (no comparison) and you squeeze the throttle and they move without thinking... but are quite a lot smaller.

I am currently running an Overlander 5000mah 35c 2S for setup, but do have a 3s of the same type which I haven't tried yet.

Just seems to be that initial pickup slight hesitation that I can't put my finger on. Is it worth trying the stock radio which came with it?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Make sure You calibrate the remote travels first then link it to the esc
How do you calibrate the remote travels first?? I have gone through the throttle setup via holding the setup botton on the ESC then powering on etc. Subsequently I have adjusted the throttle trim so that when I pull the trigger it is more responsive but as it's pouring would rather not test outside currently.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
You can download the manual from some sites , you turn the remote on while tuning full right , message will come up then . Turn full right press ok turn full right press ok and do forward and reverse . Then recalibrate the esc

You can download the manual from some sites , you turn the remote on while tuning full right , message will come up then . Turn full right press ok turn full right press ok and do forward and reverse . Then recalibrate the esc
I have seen that on Youtube somewhere, I understand now... Many thanks.

I suspect that short pause, then 1/2 second of very lower power, then ZOOM, is what we call cogging. All uncensored motor/ESC combos will have this issue to at least a small degree. Sounds like your RC has it, but not bad. Bad cogging, the car has trouble getting moving at all. The only way to totally get rid of cogging is to go with a Sensored motor/ESC.

The bad news, most sensored systems are either expensive, not water proof, or both... Castle does have their Mamba X ESC that can be had with either their 1410 "SCT" motor. The 1415 2400 KV or the 1512 2650kv could be a good "Overpowered" choice too...

I suspect that short pause, then 1/2 second of very lower power, then ZOOM, is what we call cogging. All uncensored motor/ESC combos will have this issue to at least a small degree. Sounds like your RC has it, but not bad. Bad cogging, the car has trouble getting moving at all. The only way to totally get rid of cogging is to go with a Sensored motor/ESC.

The bad news, most sensored systems are either expensive, not water proof, or both... Castle does have their Mamba X ESC that can be had with either their 1410 "SCT" motor. The 1415 2400 KV or the 1512 2650kv could be a good "Overpowered" choice too...

Hi,

Have only run it for about 20 mins and had it a couple of days etc... just recalibrated GT5 controller, then ESC bits etc so will see how it goes when it stops raining and try the 3s in it as well as the 2s.

Many thanks for your input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back