Kraton Getting a Kraton 4S V2 Ready for (non-serious) Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Wonder why they don't have more Basher classes; you know as a starter type class. It would pull in more novice as well as experienced racers.
Agreed, in my case we already have a shortage of racers, just not a big scene in my home state. These outdoor races aren't very serious though so people can jump in with their RTRs and as long as the specs match up more or less, it's fine.

Indoor racing here is different and has to be in stock or mod, but still it's mostly 4x4 buggies. Very few 2wd and probably 4-6 SCTs/truggies that normally race in 'open truck' class.

"Slash class" would be dope.
One of the reasons I never got involved in organized racing is folks just get too serious..
Yeah this can definitely be aggravating depending on the vibe at the track. Here everyone knows each other so it's not too seriously, particularly on the outdoor track. Indoor feels more official for sure but you just gotta pay attention when marshaling and no one gets too frustrated. Mostly the guys who are really good can be the worst to deal with because naturally they take it more seriously. But overall you're all there to race toy cars, ya know? If there's a cash prize, different story. If it's a big important race, sure. But club racing is just that - club racing.

Again it totally depends on the track and how 'cool' everyone is with each other.

Last edited:
Hi, I joined a race club recently too, and Im trying to make the k4s a bit more competitive.

I'm thinking if there is any way to increase the steering ratio ? (except servo and saver, which already did).
I started by trimming the side of the receiver box which was hitting by the servo horn, and at this point is the c-hub that hits the steering block.

Any suggestions?

The k4s seems that it can be capable of having more steering travel.

1698782493313.png

1698785232483.png

Last edited:
You need way more negative camber on the front tires, looks like you have +3 or so, you really need more like -1 to -2 degrees of camber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back