Limitless Going fast on a budget..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday my new limitless with max5 ecs, stock blx motor, stock servo, stock gearing 27/34 in 6s did 101 miles/h and it had some more(with grps old)!!!
Is this a bash setup .. or speed runs? I'd possibly like to get more out of my infraction (currently stock).

Bashing mostly with some speed runs if that's possible
They are two completely different use cases. Speed pass is a few seconds of use. Bashing is a full pack, usually 10 mins or more.

If you want to do both, it would be much more wise to buy two cars. Set each up for the intent and you will be much happier and successful.

They are two completely different use cases. Speed pass is a few seconds of use. Bashing is a full pack, usually 10 mins or more.

If you want to do both, it would be much more wise to buy two cars. Set each up for the intent and you will be much happier and successful.
Okay if you put it that way, then I want it for bashing.

Would you suggest this with the xlx or mmx8s?
To me the XLX is too much drama. You have to get the settings just right for it to run good.
The MMX8s you could plug it in and go fast right out of the box. Plus it runs cool and due to the revised control methods the motor runs cooler also.

As mentioned in Brandon's video he was doing 127mph and everything was just barely 10-15 degrees over ambient temps. That is very impressive!

Thanks guys. So with the mmx8s/1717 setup, would you run it on 8s for regular bashing or ideally just do it on 6s?

Thanks guys. So with the mmx8s/1717 setup, would you run it on 8s for regular bashing or ideally just do it on 6s?
Depends on gearing. With a mild setup you could bash on 8S. Say 18T/50T maybe? You will have to start low and check temps and logs. If all goes well, go up a few teeth and try that. Keep bumping up until you thermal. With the sensored motors, you can set a thermal cutoff for the ESC and motor at a temp of your choosing. You can even get telemetry data on your radio if compatible.

what he said :)
vvvvvvv

Depends on gearing. With a mild setup you could bash on 8S. Say 18T/50T maybe? You will have to start low and check temps and logs. If all goes well, go up a few teeth and try that. Keep bumping up until you thermal. With the sensored motors, you can set a thermal cutoff for the ESC and motor at a temp of your choosing. You can even get telemetry data on your radio if compatible.

So here is my mates "going fast on a budget system" including a top secret BashingBrian 6s spec CapPack..? ( CapPack in top pic is mine not his )

IMG_6965.jpeg

Missing connectors have since been fitted..?? ( another top secret BashingBrian 6s spec CapPack ? )

IMG_6828.jpeg

Motor being used is HobbyWing 4274 2200kv from a Max8 combo...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back