Big Rock Going to start Upgrading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtGhost08

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Going to start slowly upgrading my 3S Big Rock over the next few months. Trying to break the cost up over time. I really want to go all out on this thing. So far my only upgrade was TRM10E wheels off of a redcat, awesome looking wheels with 14mm hexes.

I have Senton 6S front and rear shocks on the way to replace the stock plastic ones. I also have 3s typhon A Arms and turn buckles on the way. Trying to get a wider stance to reduce body rub. Thought about the hub extensions but i don't really need new tires, I think i can get the same feel with the typhon arms. (What shock oil should I run in the senton shocks when i get them?)

Next I will be looking at a servo (Maybe PowerHD? ideas welcome!), i noticed the stock has a hard time holding a fully turned position under load. Probably will do a HR servo saver and bell crank while I'm in there.

I would like the new metal drive shafts from arrma, the metal diff gears, and metal spur in time.
I plan on keeping the stock motor and ESC as I am happy with its speed and performance, going to add a motor fan to help with temps in the summer months.

I will probably end up doing the GPM shock towers to get more mounting positions.

At some point i may change hexes to 17mm, if i do this i would like to try the LP backflip tires off of the 4s outcast!

I think this could end up being a pretty sick build. I love this truck and its performance, just looking to make it unique.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Opinions, tips, and pics of your builds are welcome!
LOVE THIS FORUM!!

The Arrma ads-15m servo from the 6s (and 4s) trucks would be a great and low cost upgrade from the stock ads-7. Search ebay if you wanna keep it under 15 bucks :)

I've read some negative things about the HR servo saver....

hmm i didnt realize it was that bad. No worries, ill look at doing the ADS-15M servo and scratch the saver. Im sure ill find something else blingy in its replacement.

SO i started installing my upgrades. SO far i have installed the motor fan, typhon 3s rear a arms and the senton 6s rear shocks on the truck, i still need to do the front. It looks awesome with a good wide stance, The truck should have come like this from factory! I popped out the top pivot ball in the 6s shocks and replaced it with nitro fuel line to remove slop. Then used the pivot ball as a spacer in the top shock tower to ensure there was 0 slop. Then i let the shock hang to see where it naturally fell at the A arm and cut a small piece of fuel line to act as a spacer so the shock stayed in a vertical position. My only complaint is that now instead of having the monster truck stance the A arms are more level. I tried adjusting the threaded collars on the shocks and it didnt do much other than make the shocks super stiff. Im wondering if maybe i should drill a new hole on the new a arms for the shocks? it would take some precise measurements to work but i may be able to get my original ride height back. Thoughts?

I love the Proline Badlands' I put on my BRCC. They have great traction and are a bit wide for stability. You would need 17 mm hubs which aren't crazy expensive.

After some searching on youtube for tips I purchased a Savox 1220sg waterproof servo and alu steering bellcrank (5x10x4).
I noticed the torque of the steering wasn't all that good once some weight/pressure was applied to the front. Additionally, there was quite some 'wobble' on the slightest touch.
Secondly, I also attached the Louise MT Cross tires to widen the body some more and prevent the better part of the annoying rolling. (these fit the stock hex and here in Europe (NL) the Louise tires are easily obtained. Because these tires are wider than the stock, I do hope the tires won't tread on the inside of the tire wall. This almost touches, very near to the steering rods. Fingers crossed.

Currently under construction. Will post some pic's when ready if you are interested.

Links:
Savox 1210sg Servo
Steering bellcrank
Louise MT-MCROSS 2,8"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back