Talion Good experiences with Talion EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all diffs are good sorted them out. have to turn car on and off then back on to work. turned avc off on receiver and car was even worse so don,t no if its the servo thats playing up or the receiver. think will try a futaba receiver in the car with my 4pls
Did you try setting the throttle end points?

Talion delivery arrived today. Was considering returning it and switching it for a Typhon but I think I’ve decided to keep it. This will be first proper RC so hope I don’t regret it.

Is blue loctite OK for the wheels or is red needed?

Thanks.

They are all nearly identical in platform and electronics.

The EXB models are superior platforms for sure. If you got a typhon you'd be out the extra couple hundo or whatever to get all the fancy red aluminum that comes with the EXB and you'd still have all the same headaches with the electronics.

You made an excellent choice.

Can I suggest you do what we're doing and get a 4S battery to start off? We're just over a year into the hobby and are pretty comfortable with fixing things and 6S is pretty insane.

I am glad we started with 3S trucks (in fact we started with a Mega) to kind of cut our teeth.

Talion delivery arrived today. Was considering returning it and switching it for a Typhon but I think I’ve decided to keep it. This will be first proper RC so hope I don’t regret it.

Is blue loctite OK for the wheels or is red needed?

Thanks.
Do yourself a favor and invest in a good set of tools if you don’t have them already. When I started I thought the tools that came with the kits would be sufficient, but no way…then I got a set of Allen’s with handles that was like 30 bucks, still wasn’t good enuf. You will save yourself a lot of stripped hardware if you just go and invest the money on good tools.

On the 4S training wheels, I did the same and regretted it shortly after buying them.
Start with 3S packs, at least you can double up and go 6S if you buy a pair. Once you go 6S your 4S lipos will be lying around collecting dust.

On the 4S training wheels, I did the same and regretted it shortly after buying them.
Start with 3S packs, at least you can double up and go 6S if you buy a pair. Once you go 6S your 4S lipos will be lying around collecting dust.
That is a good point.

I just bashed the poop out of mine on 4S.

Broke the bolt to the top of the shock in the front. No surprise though.had several roof landings and this one I came down on the front corner especially bad.

Body is starting to split here and there. Spamming tape to mitigate the damage.
20210818_214009.jpg

Gorilla tape inside and this fancy reflective tape outside.
Super bad landings mean the front shock tower was starting to poke holes in the hood of the the body.

Thanks again for the replies.

I bought 4 3S batteries with the car, so may run it on 3S to start with or jump straight to 6S and limit the throttle?

What tools are needed to work on these cars? Am I better off buying a kit or just buying tools individually as I need them? Had a look around and prices (like everything) vary a lot. £30 for a generic set on Amazon up to hundreds. I’m in the UK and these brands seem pretty common…

Fastrax, Arrowmax, Mip, EDS, Hudy

Any recommendations or just generic Amazon set?

Honestly only need a 2mm and a 2.5mm

Get the nicest set with those two in it.

I have an EXB Mojave and Talion. Infraction and SBR 2.0. 99% can be done with those two sizes.

Thanks again for the replies.

I bought 4 3S batteries with the car, so may run it on 3S to start with or jump straight to 6S and limit the throttle?

What tools are needed to work on these cars? Am I better off buying a kit or just buying tools individually as I need them? Had a look around and prices (like everything) vary a lot. £30 for a generic set on Amazon up to hundreds. I’m in the UK and these brands seem pretty common…

Fastrax, Arrowmax, Mip, EDS, Hudy

Any recommendations or just generic Amazon set?
MIP and Hudy are good, EDS are awful. Can't comment on Fastrax or Arrowmax. I'd go with Protek as well, but I'm not sure if they are easy to get in the Uk.

Don't waste money on cheap tools..!!!
Just buy a set of MIP's, not cheap but they are the best you can get in my opinion. If you round out a bolt and then cant get a part off or it gets damaged you'll wish you'd bought the Mip's 😉👍🏼 ( they are not expensive either )

MIP Hex Driver Wrench Set 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm. Part number: MP9502​

Modelsport have them @ £37 for the set 👍🏼

@Quick MIP You can get by with 2mm and 2.5mm but the set of 3 is typically cheaper. Make sure that you get the straight tips, not the ball type.

Don't get taken back by the cost. You will save that 10 times over in not rounding out your hex screws and the inadvertent purchase of a dremel tool to cut slots etc.

I’m all about MIP tools, never let me down yet. I don’t miss the days of rounding out Allen heads due to cheap tools.

@Quick seems more like a website typo but the EAN code is different in the first link.

You want the #9502 - MIP 1.5mm, 2.0mm, & 2.5mm Hex Driver Wrench Set

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/mir...MI-KyUiKC-8gIVDRl7Ch3OHQgCEAQYBiABEgKTYPD_BwE

Those look like the original from MIP
https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Set-Metric-3-1-5mm-2-0mm-and-2-5mm-9502

Thanks. So the ones with the coloured labels are the ones to get?
Picked up my Talion today. Ran it for a few minutes just to see if everything was cool. Shoo Goo time now and various other duties to perform before I get to bashing it.

View attachment 164894

Looks pretty cool. Where are the spikes from?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back