Outcast Good Tire Option (And Cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pi...982.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2fce2e0eya9Zk3
looks like from first post. Using them some time and they are good.
Rubber is strong, size is bigger than stocks, Can do backflip on grass. Only downside is rim which is hard to tight up (or stock wrench is bad... but imo rim is awfull) and i have lost few nuts cuz of it ;[ There are two rims in the link. Just pick the one with more space for wheel nut. The one i have is terrible...
The wheels these come with are pretty crappy, I ended up replacing all the wheels with DE Racing 1/8 truggy wheels. They are about $20 on ebay.

I got the same wheels from AliExpress and I'm not a big fan of the rims either. What bothered me most is that they're a tiny bit too small and I couldn't glue them very well - even with a million rubber bands around the tire there were still some gaps, which can't be good for the strength of the glue bond or the balance of the wheel.

But after trying the wheels out on my Kraton today I must say I'm really impressed! The tires have tons of grip, much more than the Minokawa's. It's the first time I could do instant wheelies and backflips so I had to ease off the throttle to get the beast under control :D

Afterwards I found two wheel nuts had come a bit loose so that's a thing to keep an eye on. On the other hand the glue has held really well and I didn't notice any wobble while driving so perhaps the sizing issue isn't that bad after all, so I'll just keep the current rims until a bigger issue turns up.

would these work on a granite?

I wouldn't recommend it at all. I actually bought mine for my DHK Zombie before I had my Kraton, but they're really too large for the Zombie. Even with hub extenders they rub the body unless you lower the steering rate. Plus the heavy weight is pretty hard on the gears so they wouldn't last very long. Seeing the Granite is even smaller than the Zombie, I don't think it's a good idea to buy these.

hum, ever put her on your truck and drive her around the yard;)?
Haha no - she's 6 now and my youngest is almost 3 and she seems to want to try to ride. Haha. The big rock could almost handle her... Or at least pull her (or both) in a wagon or something. Lol

As expected, one of my wheels is already broken :( The plastic cracked at the hex, so now there's a sideways wobble when driving.

I'll try to temporarily fix and reinforce it with the superglue + baking soda trick I recently learned about, but I don't expect that'll be a lasting solution.

I was wondering which wheels I should buy as replacements? The DE Racing wheels (DER-PST-8B) are hard to find in Europe so I was wondering if https://www.eurorc.com/product/7651/louise-18-38-inch-wheel---12-offset-2 for example would be a good alternative? Is it the correct size? Any other suggestions?

As expected, one of my wheels is already broken :( The plastic cracked at the hex, so now there's a sideways wobble when driving.

I'll try to temporarily fix and reinforce it with the superglue + baking soda trick I recently learned about, but I don't expect that'll be a lasting solution.

I was wondering which wheels I should buy as replacements? The DE Racing wheels (DER-PST-8B) are hard to find in Europe so I was wondering if https://www.eurorc.com/product/7651/louise-18-38-inch-wheel---12-offset-2 for example would be a good alternative? Is it the correct size? Any other suggestions?
Yeah those should work the bead looks the same as the wheels that come with them and the DE Racing wheels.

Here are some pictures of the crack before fixing:

I glued it with thin CA (which happily flowed where it needed to be) and applied pressure to close the gap as good as possible. Ather that I reinforced it all with baking soda in a few corners and 2-3 drops of CA on top of it:

It doesn't look very pretty but it does feel strong so I'm curious how long this will hold :cool:

I ended up poop canning my wheels didn't even bother trying to fix them.

Did some great hill climbs this weekend, love the tires!

But after two not-really-that-high jumps I was reminded why I brought the Minokawa's with me for backup:

This is not the one I fixed with CA and baking soda by the way. But whatever; the wheels are worthless.

I'm trying to get the tires off now but two of them are giving me a hard time, baking and lots of acetone and they still hold on tightly to that rim. Slightly ripped the tires in a few little spots :(

So anyone buying this from eBay or AliExpress; throw the wheels away immediately and glue the tires to some quality wheels!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back