Got a damaged Supervee 27 Brushless boat. Any recommended solutions for the issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I got a Brushless boat called a Supervee from a coworker recentry. Does anyone know how to calibrate it? Plus at the back under the rudder it has some damage and needs some patchwork. Does anyone have some recommended ideas for solutions to help this boat get back in shape after many years of no use?
IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0071.jpeg
IMG_0070.jpeg
IMG_0069.jpeg
IMG_0068.jpeg

Last edited:
Oops forgot to show that. It is a 45a aquacraft esc. View attachment 310264
That looks like bondo, but, if i am wrong and it is fiberglass, then you can try smoothing it and matching it to the bottom of the boat, and then put another thin layer of fiberglass over it. If it is bondo, i honestly have no clue what you can do, except try sanding it smooth and as thin as possible, then covering it with another layer of fiberglass. Honestly though, even though it will be a ton of work, i would try and sand it all off, without damaging the hull, and recoat it in a thin layer of either milled fiberglass or SIG Resin, then after that is done, gel coat it again. The ESC is not programmable in any way, so the only setting you really have is the trim function on the radio itself.

That looks like bondo, but, if i am wrong and it is fiberglass, then you can try smoothing it and matching it to the bottom of the boat, and then put another thin layer of fiberglass over it. If it is bondo, i honestly have no clue what you can do, except try sanding it smooth and as thin as possible, then covering it with another layer of fiberglass. Honestly though, even though it will be a ton of work, i would try and sand it all off, without damaging the hull, and recoat it in a thin layer of either milled fiberglass or SIG Resin, then after that is done, gel coat it again. The ESC is not programmable in any way, so the only setting you really have is the trim function on the radio itself.
It is fiberglass

For the chip in the hull I would do some JB weld and sand it all flat to match the hull shape.

Sounds like the rest is just getting the radio calibrated?
That is a type of epoxy right? That sounds like it could do the job. I think I’ll try that out. it keeps calibrating wrong so full throttle is the motor completely stopped and neutral is half throttle. Have any of you heard of a Supervee 27 before? I never had until I got this boat. It was a sweet boat when it came out. I think it is supposed to run dual nickel batteries but not quite sure. Do any of you know what batteries it is supposed to take?

Last edited:
Yes, simple epoxy/glassfiber, you can use any epoxy, JB Weld works but is also tough to shape, use it sparingly.
You will have to find the manual for your systems, should still be available online, just search with Google.
Bind transmitter first (steering working and disconnect motor for now.
All trims to zero and then do what the manual tells you to do.

That is a type of epoxy right? That sounds like it could do the job. I think I’ll try that out. it keeps calibrating wrong so full throttle is the motor completely stopped and neutral is half throttle. Have any of you heard of a Supervee 27 before? I never had until I got this boat. It was a sweet boat when it came out. I think it is supposed to run dual nickel batteries but not quite sure. Do any of you know what batteries it is supposed to take?
I'm relatively new to rc boats so I had not seen this one but looks to be good quality.

See the comment above from jk flow on what to do next 👍

Regarding batteries id skip old ones and run lipo. Do you know any specs of the motor? It may be worth swapping electronics for something more modern that has low voltage cut off for lipo batteries.

Off shore electrics has a page of props and parts just for this boat. Graupner props would probably be great for this one. Looks like you could run it on 4s lipo.

Original manual: https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/660595/aquacraft-supervee-27r.html?page=3

Last edited:
I have the pro boat sonic wake. Mine is not fiberglass nor have I ever worked with it but here is a good site for controllers and other goodies… with just a new prop I am hitting 61mph!!! Boat screams!

This place has the super vee on the site also!

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/categories.php?cat=RTR+Parts+&+Upgrades
Also, if you change over to lipos. Do not run the graphene batteries… they are built lite weight for racing rigs. But they will heat up really bad in the boat. Also, one 6s battery will last 5-10 minutes in a boat. Kind of like infraction run times! Haha
I can’t stop, sorry!
Also I don’t see self righting channels in the boat.. so I’d suggest getting a rescue boat, a canoe or kayak, or at least a fishing pole with a tennis ball on the line. Read up on this stuff.
My proboat is self righting. But if my battery moves even a cm, it won’t self right….

Last edited:
For the chip in the hull I would do some JB weld and sand it all flat to match the hull shape.

Sounds like the rest is just getting the radio calibrated?
Get a gel coat repair kit ( don't know if you will be able to color-match it ) my mid-size Zonda ran aground after water got in the receiver & I had similar damage. the kit I got had very good instructions on how to complete the repair which was nice as had never done anything like it before.

Before you do anything, take a strong flashlight and hold it to the inside of the hull. Look for any cracks etc., that will give you an idea of what needs to be repaired. Spider cracks can be filled with superglue (thin). Gel coat etc is all good advice if there is no structural damage. Cheapest will be simple epoxy or JB Weld. Use sparingly, just enough to cover any damage.

Before you do anything, take a strong flashlight and hold it to the inside of the hull. Look for any cracks etc., that will give you an idea of what needs to be repaired. Spider cracks can be filled with superglue (thin). Gel coat etc is all good advice if there is no structural damage. Cheapest will be simple epoxy or JB Weld. Use sparingly, just enough to cover any damage.
Ok. The hole is wide enough for the hull to start filling up pretty quick and light goes through it pretty well. I think ill just get some basic epoxy tomorrow and try that out. Is gel coat for finalizing the fix? Plus, what do you recommend for holding the batteries in? Here is a pic of my dilemma with the batteries. I will run dual 7 cell nickel batteries in it so it will need something good.
Boat picc.jpg
Boat 2 piccc.jpg

Ok. The hole is wide enough for the hull to start filling up pretty quick and light goes through it pretty well. I think ill just get some basic epoxy tomorrow and try that out. Is gel coat for finalizing the fix? Plus, what do you recommend for holding the batteries in? Here is a pic of my dilemma with the batteries. I will run dual 7 cell nickel batteries in it so it will need something good.View attachment 310496View attachment 310495
Everything you could need or want for RC boating is likely found on OSE

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Battery+Trays+&+Straps

You could get away with velcro but if you wanted to upgrade to trays with straps, you would JB weld them into the hull. Almost everything on RC boats is a process of applying epoxy to stick something to the boat's hull. Unlike cars, where things screw together...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back