Talion Got a new video up and Exb down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Esc toast if u got steering but no go!

Most likely your ESC, if the wire came loose and you kept pushing throttle or kept driving that can do it. It's somewhat resilient but there is a limit.
I'd check everything else before giving up though. If a wire came 'unsoldered' that is a sign of a bad solder job. Check all your motor wires i.e. all 3 connectors on the motor side and the 3 going to the ESC. If all those are good, redo the bind and throttle calibration.
If it's still not doing anything you have a bad ESC.
Having power to steering is telling you that the ESC is getting power from the Lipo and only the drive side is not responding.

Suggest to post a picture of the solder connections, might have to cut the shrinkwrap i.e. make sure you do not power up and accidentally short stuff.
Do the calibration first, disconnect and inspect all your connections after that, Make sure you have heatshrink handy to repair what you took off.

Ok so Ive tried another esc on the motor and bam got going again.
27C79563-EDAD-4AA5-82EA-4D4FBC073C3B.jpeg
27C79563-EDAD-4AA5-82EA-4D4FBC073C3B.jpeg

Thing is I’m not very good at soldering
E823E70A-87FA-44E6-A12D-16E0239AED7A.jpeg

1C813963-59CA-4449-9BBE-94158EA6189F.jpeg

2FE0C0DA-4AFE-4A66-9E5C-74487F868A06.jpeg

It works that’s the best soldering I can possibly do ?
4BA0312F-7B32-49C8-9392-BB8B4E10D35A.jpeg

I’m probably going to get all new electronics and restart everything from scratch for my EXB everything went down hill and got dirty

Last edited:
As long as the solder is shiny it makes a good connection. Make sure you insulate it all again. Don't leave exposed metal.

Ok so Ive tried another esc on the motor and bam got going again.
View attachment 99367View attachment 99367
Thing is I’m not very good at soldering
View attachment 99368
View attachment 99369
View attachment 99370
It works that’s the best soldering I can possibly do ?
View attachment 99371
I’m probably going to get all new electronics and restart everything from scratch for my EXB everything went down hill and got dirty
Just be mindful when soldering with the amount of heat that is applied to the cable. That heat will transfer back into the ESC/ Motor and can potentially damage the electronics.
I’ll have a can of contact cleaner on the side to cool down the cable if required.

Just be mindful when soldering with the amount of heat that is applied to the cable. That heat will transfer back into the ESC/ Motor and can potentially damage the electronics.
I’ll have a can of contact cleaner on the side to cool down the cable if required.
I did check to feel the amount of heat that the motor had taken in from soldering. It wasn’t too badly hot. But I will keep that in mind when I’m torching the loctited screws on the motor mount thx????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back