Got serious on tightening up & preventing wear on servo linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Using a worn out HR link, precision reamed out holes to 1/4"
Machined some PEEK to be the inner bearing material with some extra length to very lightly capture o-rings top/bottom.
Everything measured for a perfect alignment which has it slop free yet drag free too.
This should outlast the buggy :sneaky:

t.jpg

Last edited:
If only they came from the factory that way.! It looks like you spent some time doing it right. Good job.

Machinist (retired-ish) here. Good use of PEEK.

Engineer here- you can keep a 1 thou tolerance on all those surfaces no problem including the height of the bushings, right? :ROFLMAO:

ajw1Vxc.jpeg

Seriously though, that looks great! PEEK is awesome stuff :)

I'm constantly annoyed by how quickly the stock and HR steering linkage wear out and add so much slop to the steering, I should look into doing something similar.

I joined in 2018 and only have shared in the winter months when the Son & I go at it basher racing on a track we built.
Being a retired machinist, tho still retained a Mill & lathe, as well retired from being a commercial small engine mechanic / tech, these mechanical cars are fun to tinker with no doubt.
As too the PEEK MATERIAL ... have used it quite a bit since getting the TYPHON

Shock posts to caps run on PEEK bushings F/R
All the A-arms F/R have stub PEEK inserts on both ends running on the steel pivot shafts
Center Diff outputs were machined to have PEEK bearings on the Cup shafts
Bushings in the Ackerman plate are also PEEK
Shims of the EXB LSD Diffs were made from PEEK
* Bearings on Steering link are PEEK

Great stuff that I commonly use in Pneumatic Valves for poppet seats etc when i tune & prep *Competition Air rifles. ( *My primary hobby )

e.jpg

l.jpg

DSCF0417.JPG

DSCF0416.JPG

i.jpg

Last edited:
Love it! I've sleeved the inside of some plastic joints (upper arms, rear hub) with steel tubing when I've noticed it getting sloppy, but PEEK is definitely the superior material for this. Its always nice when there is crossover between hobbies and you can transfer skills/materials.

Back