School me on turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I'm not smart enough to figure out online turnbuckle descriptions. What is the total length of a turnbuckle like this?

20mm total? 20mm plus the middle hex?

40mm total? 40mm plus the middle hex?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-3x20mm-turnbuckles-2-kyo97008-20/p150069

1699298227752.png

Also worth mentioning, some turnbuckle setups have right hand threads on one side and left hand threads on the other so your rod ends would have to follow whatever you choose.
I had an older AE rig I got used back in the day that had that setup and I was pretty frustrated until I figured that out.

Also worth mentioning, some turnbuckle setups have right hand threads on one side and left hand threads on the other so your rod ends would have to follow whatever you choose.
I had an older AE rig I got used back in the day that had that setup and I was pretty frustrated until I figured that out.
Not some, all. They do that so when you use a turnbuckle wrench, it turns out or in evenly.

Not some, all. They do that so when you use a turnbuckle wrench, it turns out or in evenly.
Correct... same as 1:1 cars.. inner tie rod is usually left hand thread and outer is usually right hand, and the adjuster sleeve is half and half so when you're doing aligmnets, you get equal movements of the threads

Of course they are, that was a big brain fart on my end. Why the the Arrma turnbuckles are notched on one side of the center.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back