Kraton Got suggestion, just need a little more help. Well probably a lot more. I will get there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinmanranch

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
New not run I got a suggestion to rebuild the spur and satellite gears. Do you need to change the cross pins also to a harder material and what brand of gears should I use? And any part numbers would help greatly thank you.

You really only need to check, shim, and fill the diffs. Set gearmesh, endpoints, check for loose screws, and let her rip.
Welcome to the forum!

IDK, I don't go that far myself.. not saying you "shouldn't" but if you're not comfortable doing so, don't. It's a "toy".. give a good once over and take it out and try to enjoy it. If/when it breaks, you got a reason to tear it apart and see what makes it tick.
Plenty of folks here who can help you along. Enjoy it for what it is I say, a toy.😉😁👍

New not run I got a suggestion to rebuild the spur and satellite gears. Do you need to change the cross pins also to a harder material and what brand of gears should I use? And any part numbers would help greatly thank you.
If it isn't broken don't fix it and when it does upgrade.
Plenty of u tube videos for every repair. Welcome to the forum!

IDK, I don't go that far myself.. not saying you "shouldn't" but if you're not comfortable doing so, don't. It's a "toy".. give a good once over and take it out and try to enjoy it. If/when it breaks, you got a reason to tear it apart and see what makes it tick.
Plenty of folks here who can help you along. Enjoy it for what it is I say, a toy.😉😁👍
Honestly, all I usually do is set steering endpoints, gear mesh, and check for tight motor mount screws when doing so. I normally leave the diffs alone until I run a couple packs through it, then I do the diffs after they’ve “run in” a bit.
Lots of recommendations here for diff fluid weights, f/c/r. I can’t say, because I don’t have a Kraton, but check your center diff to see how hot it gets into your first pack. If it’s dry it can melt. If it seems hot, I’d remove it and shim/fill it with 500k at a minimum. Others may not agree…

Honestly, all I usually do is set steering endpoints, gear mesh, and check for tight motor mount screws when doing so. I normally leave the diffs alone until I run a couple packs through it, then I do the diffs after they’ve “run in” a bit.
Lots of recommendations here for diff fluid weights, f/c/r. I can’t say, because I don’t have a Kraton, but check your center diff to see how hot it gets into your first pack. If it’s dry it can melt. If it seems hot, I’d remove it and shim/fill it with 500k at a minimum. Others may not agree…
That makes sense to run a little. Let things loosen up then shim it but I should probably check fluid levels while it’s a part
I hate to melt the dip case or some thing I don’t know I work pretty slow so probably take a little while that’s why I think I’ve got that for part I should probably have a look. Thank you.

A gentle diff break-In is advisable before a diff tear down. Just that the diffs are always so low on oil, you don't want to trash all the gears just because the factory is cheap about the oil.
The only gears used are the stocker ones. But I do use the Mugen Seiki diff gear shims for these gears. The OE stocker ones suck and are one major part of the Arrma diff issues, IMHO.

https://www.amazon.com/MUGEN-SEIKI-Diff-Washer-Set/dp/B01IZM937K/ref=sr_1_2?crid=EOH0SNAS58K2&keywords=mugen+seiki+e0206+shims&qid=1688660897&sprefix=mugen+seiki+shim,aps,76&sr=8-2
You definitely need diff oils on hand before you even think about opening them up.

I use 60k front. 500k center and 20-30k Rear. With My K6s. Buy all 3 oils first before opening the diffs up. Any brand oil is fine. TA and Losi are popular. Buy whatever brand in the CST oil thickness you need. Silicone oil is silicone oil. All the same. Some brands like Traxxass Oils are very expensive. With very tiny quantities. Typical of Trax stuff. (n)

Thank you for the info and the weight suggestions on the diff oils can I use a lighter diff oil in the shocks silicon oil is silicon oil what is the weight?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back