Granite Gotta replace my slipper any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta replace my slipper any suggestions?

Checkout JennysRC.com for excellent prices on authentic OEM parts , while you're there load up on other spare components too.
Their shipping fees are a bit high so you might as well..

If the hubs, plates, and innards are all fine, you can get a metal gear for about $35. Some guys stay with the plastic and just replace the cheap part as needed.

If you’re replacing the whole assembly, get either the 3s plastic or 4s metal off jennysrc.com for the best price. (They won’t sell just the gear).

Yeah, replace the slipper.
of course...i was worried it may have blown the fuse on the windshield wipers...t.y.
metal or plastic i was looking for some insight..I put on alum. Drive Shafts which Im gonna replace with arrma composite cause they are to heavy which prob led to the demise of the clutch...

Keep the aluminum shafts. The 3s plastic u-joints are notorious for coming apart. The diffs will absorb the majority of strain before it hits the slipper. So the weight shouldn’t be an issue.

As to the metal gearing, the newer, 4s trucks now come with metal gears in the diffs and slipper. It would run you about $100-150 to replace all the plastic gears in a 3s truck OR maybe $5-10 every few months of hard driving to replace plastic. I personally just went with metal gears, but my plan was always to take my granite to 4s, and I hated being done for the day when I broke down. If you want a 3s basher to goof with and also want a bigger, sturdier rig, save the upgrade money and just get a new 4s or 6s rig.

Back to the slipper fail: that happens usually when the mount plate gets a bend in it and the mesh gets messed up with the pinion, OR you would have to land hard on both back or both front wheels while holding the throttle down, and the slipper couldn’t slip fast enough.

Check the mount plate on a flat surface and make sure you’re still good there.

Keep the aluminum shafts. The 3s plastic u-joints are notorious for coming apart. The diffs will absorb the majority of strain before it hits the slipper. So the weight shouldn’t be an issue.

As to the metal gearing, the newer, 4s trucks now come with metal gears in the diffs and slipper. It would run you about $100-150 to replace all the plastic gears in a 3s truck OR maybe $5-10 every few months of hard driving to replace plastic. I personally just went with metal gears, but my plan was always to take my granite to 4s, and I hated being done for the day when I broke down. If you want a 3s basher to goof with and also want a bigger, sturdier rig, save the upgrade money and just get a new 4s or 6s rig.

Back to the slipper fail: that happens usually when the mount plate gets a bend in it and the mesh gets messed up with the pinion, OR you would have to land hard on both back or both front wheels while holding the throttle down, and the slipper couldn’t slip fast enough.

Check the mount plate on a flat surface and make sure you’re still good there.
Ty for the insight and your time .very appreciative..when ur broke down all the time it gets frustrating...don't get me wrong i don't mind preventative maintenence and doing repairs but when you wanna squeeze that trigger and cant cause ur always waiting on a different part it gets a little annoying...someday I will have 4 or 5 to rotate through so if ones in the shop i can just grab another one...
Finding my way in the rc world here.
Thanks again

What actually broke? There's a learning curve to RC, just gotta learn some basics and your truck should be pretty reliable. Stock slipper, maybe with the ring from the 4S slipper should be fine. No need for metal driveshafts or any of that stuff.

#1 Learn how to set the end points on the steering.
#2 Learn how to set the slipper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back