GPM Bell Crank and lazy turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch213

Jump it, Break it, Fix it
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
I just put a new GPM bell crank on and my servo sucks...I swapped the servo with a stock Arrma Talion servo and its way worse...Has anyone had this same experience or have advice on how to fix....?? I hate GPM other than their upper arms...

I just put a new GPM bell crank on and my servo sucks...I swapped the servo with a stock Arrma Talion servo and its way worse...Has anyone had this same experience or have advice on how to fix....?? I hate GPM other than their upper arms...

If your servo was fine before you installed the new bell crank (servo saver) then the servo is not the issue.
Is the bell crank binding or does it rotate freely ?
Is the servo saver adjustment tight enough ?
It may need to be tighter than the original due to the angle of the cam being more shallow or the aluminum having less friction between the two halves, causing it to open prematurely.
And it is possible that if the angles on the cams are too shallow that it will open no matter how tight the adjustment is, until it is so tight that it is no longer able to open at all (bound together).

Well I am willing to bet that the GPM bellcrank is messed up. It's cheap crap aluminum parts made in China with zero quality control. My center diff mount that I got from them is 2mm shorter than the stock one, so now my roll cage leans forward.

Before I had the experience of hot racing products, I ordered a bunch of GPM stuff and its all crap. The only thing I like is the upper arms....Otherwise, Im sure the design is an issue on the bell crank...I switched back to the stock servo arm and noticed a huge difference....Ill prob just swap to a hot racing bell crank...

Before I had the experience of hot racing products, I ordered a bunch of GPM stuff and its all crap. The only thing I like is the upper arms....Otherwise, Im sure the design is an issue on the bell crank...I switched back to the stock servo arm and noticed a huge difference....Ill prob just swap to a hot racing bell crank...

I had looked at some GPM once but it's nothing but bling. And not really all that good at that.

Thats exactly what it is......"Internet bling" looks good till you hold it in your hand...Just like a fake AP.

I also have the GPM diff cups and they hold up good. They are just as good as the HR once. I haven't tried anything else from GPM.....
I wouldn't waste your time on anything else.
The bulkheads might be okay but I'm not going to drop the $80 on one to find out.

yeah Im over GPM... the upper a arms are nice though...i like how they have a locking set screw...Otherwise it seems to all be junk

The bulkheads might be okay but I'm not going to drop the $80 on one to find out.
yeah Im over GPM... the upper a arms are nice though...i like how they have a locking set screw...Otherwise it seems to all be junk

Oke thanks guys, I'll just stick with the diff cups and won't buy anything else from this "brand". I have Hot Racing, GKA Customs and Voltage Hobbies stuff on my cars. I like the quality a lot.

too heavy as well... I just took my GPM bell crank off and put it in my "broke parts bin" .

if anyone wants to try a brand new gpm bell crank minus the servo horn i have new in plastic... they sent me a new one since the first one was missing parts... paypal shipping and its yours to try...

Oke thanks guys, I'll just stick with the diff cups and won't buy anything else from this "brand". I have Hot Racing, GKA Customs and Voltage Hobbies stuff on my cars. I like the quality a lot.
GKA and Voltage > Hot Racing > stock > Traxxas > dog poop > GPM. As far as quality goes. GKA and Voltage use 7075 aluminum, Hot Racing uses 6065 and GPM uses some sort of scrap crap aluminum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back