Sanded and sanded and sanded , finally polished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
My Infraction chassis. Needs another pass at 2500 and another polish after but 10 hours ish later and this is it so far.

240 all the way to 1500 sand paper by hand. To a polish with power tools.

IMG_20240319_104425.jpg

IMG_20240319_104419.jpg

IMG_20240318_151020.jpg

Nice work.
Intensive isn't it?
May i suggest, next time start with a less gritty sandpaper than 240. It causes even more scratches than you should be willing to sand and polish out. 😅
I was trying to get some of the deeper scratches in the chassis from use.

Looks good. In case you don’t want a 10hour workout 👇
I used dremel samdimg to remove the scratches (320 and 800 grit), followed by sanding by hand with 1000 and 2000 grit.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJJpgEv
Thanks it is in my cart!!!

i scroll down and it got worse ... from picture to picture ... 🙈😁🤫

for me its a kind of meditation to do something like this ...

nice work !!!
Definitely zone out and time flys. Will finish it at a later date, get it a bit better.

IMG_20240319_104404.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta be good for at least a tenth and mph in the 1/4 mile on aerodynamics alone.

Plus your trigger finger will be pulling harder after all of the working out!

You need to..

wax GIF

A couple of coats of Turtle Wax will shave even More time off the quarter mile!!

Outside Bling of a vehicle looked at Non operational Up Side Down I fail to see the point in it ????
Scratches on belly are IMO a good sign of all the fun you have had and still having ... Bling is for shelf queens.
Because I could.

I did my m2c k8 chassis a while back.... quick work with da, a quick 220 to remove coating then a quick 320, then a good 400... then on to a good 400 wet sand by hand, followed by a quick 600 wet by hand, then 1000 and 1500. Then it's polish time!!!! Mike
Oh... and its not a shelf queen!!!
Screenshot_20240319_154209_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240319_154138_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240319_154113_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240319_154033_Gallery.jpg

I did my m2c k8 chassis a while back.... quick work with da, a quick 220 to remove coating then a quick 320, then a good 400... then on to a good 400 wet sand by hand, followed by a quick 600 wet by hand, then 1000 and 1500. Then it's polish time!!!! Mike View attachment 355629View attachment 355630View attachment 355631View attachment 355632
Damm that is my end goal, disk and sand paper ordered. Thanks for the inspiration!!! What did you use for polish?

Outside Bling of a vehicle looked at Non operational Up Side Down I fail to see the point in it ????
Scratches on belly are IMO a good sign of all the fun you have had and still having ... Bling is for shelf queens.
All's you need to say is that it looks nice . negative reactions don't belong on this forum 👍

Just some 3m compound polish, followed by 3m fine polish, and then good old mothers!!! I used my small snapon polisher with foam pads... like I said, its quick work with the right tools and processes, this chassis was very lightly used when I got it so it made it much easier...Mike

Last edited:
You want to use some kind of gritty polish at the beginning of the polishing process, that will get most of the fine sanding scratches out, also try wet sanding.... your sand paper won't clog up on you!!! Mike

All's you need to say is that it looks nice . negative reactions don't belong on this forum 👍
You folks need to grow some thicker skin !!!
We have opinions ... stating them is what forums are all about FYI ;)
The line is crossed when insults fly and infighting happens .. none of that is happening here !!!

You folks need to grow some thicker skin !!!
We have opinions ... stating them is what forums are all about FYI ;)
The line is crossed when insults fly and infighting happens .. none of that is happening here !!!
It's the way you stated your opinion., is all I'm saying.he worked hard to make it look pretty damn sweet if ya ask me .you could have came across with a compliment first then say it's not practical ,but you straight out forward sounded negative bro..tough skin has nothing to do with having respect for others work on here .😁👍

Back